Two Under 2

Paraguard

I think I have asked before, but anyone have it now? or in the past? I am planning on using a non hormonal BC--I wanted to kill DH last time on the mini pill....lol. I like the idea that i wont have to worry about it. I just found out its covered!!! I thought I would have to pay like $500, but its just a copay...so that helps!

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Paraguard

• Just had it put in a week ago.... even though I am EBF and we want a third (eventually) I wanted something that would take away my concern on having another one so close in age.  

I have had some bleeding after insertion (which freaked me out but is part of the process).

I like the idea I can have it taken out in a year but can leave it in over 10 years.  Also the non-hormonal part is important to me - I hate having chemicals in my body so this was the best option for us right now. 

• all the reasons you said is why I want it. I EBF and dont wont to BF while PG again, so we plan on waiting for at least a year to two years to TTC again. 

Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageCaitlinJ22:

all the reasons you said is why I want it. I EBF and dont wont to BF while PG again, so we plan on waiting for at least a year to two years to TTC again. 

Thanks! 

Sounds like we are in the same boat... I do need to let you know the bleeding freaked me out.  At first I thought I was getting my PP - which did not come with #1 until after 12 months.  Then I thought something was wrong - but everything I have read and also from the doctor say it is normal.

I will be heading back to the doctor in a couple days for a ultrasound to make sure it is in the correct place.

Also you can use it as birth control right after it is inserted - but I took a few days for myself because of the bleeding I was a little freaked out.

Mine was also covered - with just a co-pay... this in combination with the no hormone thing was the major selling point!

Good luck! 

• thanks! yeah I had some bleeding when I got on the mini pill and was pissed! I stopped it for other reasons and didnt get my period until 6 months. 

Thanks for the heads up.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"