TTC after 35

Fert report in...not good

Out of the 4 eggs retrieved yesterday, only one fertilized.  An apparently that one isn't looking to good.

I was warned that the success rate with my age and diagnoses was very slim, but I didn't think I fit into that mold.  it's so frustrating when you feel healthy and you live(d) a healthy lifestyle and you keep getting kicked in the gut. 

According to realage I'm 32.   Could someone tell that to my ovaries?

TTC #1 since 9/07
Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW

Re: Fert report in...not good

• Oh that really stinks.  I'm so sorry.  This is my fear for my upcoming IVF cycle.  ((hugs))

It does seem hard to understand why some people can have no problem even with AMA and others seem to have a losing battle.  

• Gosh, I'm so sorry.  Hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really sorry to hear that. It's super frustrating to get such news when you are a healthy adult that does everything right when doing a fertility treatment and you don't get the results you want. With my IVF #1 in 2007 they only retrieved 5 eggs, got 3 to fertilize and only 2 of those were of good quality. I remember when they told me they got 5 I cried, especially because I was a "young" 33 at the time and I could hear them telling the girl next to me that they got 12 eggs for her. Thankfully one of the 2 good ones we got resulted in DD.

Maybe the 1 egg you have is a fighter and things will turn around. If not, just keep pushing ahead, whatever course you choose. good luck.

• I'm so sorry. Maybe that one egg will hang in there. It just doesn't seem fair does it. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's hoping that 1 egg is a ROCK STAR!!  GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sad

I'm sorry.  I hope that the egg has a growth spurt.  

• ((hugs)) Sorry to hear...keeping you in my thoughts.
  • That is rough, especially to make it this far in the cycle. I'm holding out hope for your one egg and sending it a vat of miracle grow. Good Luck and it does only take one!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • That would definitely be discouraging, especially having done all the "right things" to be healthy.  However, that one egg may be a champ, and I am sending you lots of luck and good growing vibes!!  And no, it's not fair that some that want it so badly have to jump through all these hoops, and I ache for everyone that is in that boat.  All the happy horseshit in the world won't help sometimes, and it's ok to be disappointed, mad, sad, all of that, so allow yourself to feel that if those feelings come to you.  In the meantime keep being you and doing all the healthy good stuff to care of YOU.
  • I'm sorry sweetie.  IF is so not fair...I understand what you mean about telling the ovaries about how old we feel!  I wish mine would listen too!

Sending tons of grow embie vibes!!!

• I am sorry about the news =(  However, that little egg may be THE ONE =)  Please keep us posted!
  • Im sorry that your fert rate was disappointing.  I really hope your one little egg is the rock star!
  • Thanks for the kind words.    DH was out of town on business today and didn't hear the news until tonight.  He is taking it well and hasn't given up hope.  Makes me feel a little more positive.

We did the first progesterone in oil shot tonight.  Poor guy, he was scared to death to stab me with that needle.

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  •  I'm sorry the news isn't better for you. You never know though, there have been a lot of miracles around here lately. I think we have room for one more.

I was just looking at your signature...I don't know a ton about endo but my RE said it is responsible for a lot of the unexplained IF out there. It looks like you have been through a lot and it appears to grow back very fast :-( 

Maybe we can chat sometime about endo. I'd love to know more about it from someone who has been through it. 

Best of luck to you.

Shannon

• I am sorry that you didn't get better results, but I am hoping that you have one tenatious little egg there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"