Health & Exercise
Options

Any races while pregnant???

Hiiii

Im now 17 weeks prego, I normally run 1/2 marathon's but since I am pregnant  I have signed up to do a 5km run on May 29th....Im excited it's another accomplishment to check off my list..."running while pregnant!!"

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on doing any runs while pregnant...........    

Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!

Re: Any races while pregnant???

• Options
    I have never ran half marathon's but I remained very active throughout my pregnancy.  I ran/jogged until about 28 weeks and continued to go to the gym until 2 days before I delivered. I did a 5K at 24 weeks.  The 5K was great, I maintained an 11 min/mile throughout and I felt so good when it was over.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes!  I ran a full marathon at 7 weeks, a 5K at 29 weeks, and I just signed up to do another 5K at 37 weeks.  The 5K I'm doing in a week in a half wasn't really planned but a suburb near me is doing something called "The Cupcake Run" -- seriously, how could I pass that up!?!  I'm down to a very slow 12 minute mile, but running still feels great otherwise. Good luck with your races!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I ran a 1/2 marathon at 12 weeks, a few 10k's at 15, 20 and 25 weeks. I stopped running at around 28 weeks because it just got too uncomfortable so I switched to spinning. Now, at 39 weeks, I'm walking 3 miles a day. I hope to be back running soon. I SO miss it!

• Options
    Doing a 4 miles race on Mothers Day! I won't run this race because I'm doing it with another pregnant friend and she's farther along and not a runner. So we'll walk the whole way. I hope to do another race in June when I'm about 25 weeks and I will hopefully run/walk that race!  I'm excited :)
  • Options
    I am doing a 10k when I'll be at 12 weeks and depending on how I'm feeling I might sign up for other races throughout the summer!  Good luck! :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ran 2 10Ks early on....at about 6 weeks and 12 weeks. While I'd love to do another race, like a 5K, I don't think I would make it to the finish line without a pit stop.
  • Options

I've done 11 races so far this pregnancy.

3 half marathons

1  10k

7  5ks 

I'd like to get 2 more 5ks in before delivery. 

• Options
    I'll do the Sun Run (a 10km) next Sunday, but other than that, no races. I was going to do a half marathon, but I'm a cheap-o and since i missed the early bird cutoff, I didn't want to pay $90 to do it. I have consistently been running 3X a week, with a 14km-16km run every Sunday, so I figure that's an accomplishment in itself.
  • Options
    imagekirkette:

I've done 11 races so far this pregnancy.

3 half marathons

1  10k

7  5ks 

I'd like to get 2 more 5ks in before delivery. 

I'm impressed!  Good luck! :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If your HCP says it's OK, go for it! I ran until 35 weeks, and ran / walked intervals up until the day before labor started at 40 weeks, 6 days...this included many 5 and 10Ks. Just don't try to be 'competitive' in your races...you don't want to let your HR get much over 160.

Good luck!

• Options
    Planning to run a 10k in a few weeks! :)
  • Options
    I have run 2 half marathons (at 4.5 weeks and 21 weeks) and two 10-milers (at 24 and 26 weeks) while pregnant. I'm also registered to run a 5k at 30 weeks. I may do another 5k if I feel up to it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I ran a full marathon when I was 6 months pregnant. It was my 30th marathon so I was quite used to it...I had so much support from spectators. Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"