Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

charting - same temp for 5 days

Is it normal to have the exact same temperature for 5 days in a row?  Today is day 7 of my luteal phase and my last 5 temps have been the same - 98.1.  

This is my first month of charting so I'm not really sure what's normal for me.  I had my husband use the thermometer today to make sure it's not broken and it's at least registering a different temperature for him - for whatever that's worth.  Thanks for your help!

Re: charting - same temp for 5 days

• Options
    I usually have the same temp quite often..
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If it's registering temps other than 98.1 at other times, it's not broken. Your body is just consistent. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes it happens. Especially with certain brands of therms. Mine is a Walgreens brand and it favors temps. I can still see my shift (see chart in siggy) so I don't worry about it.
    Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • Options
    Is it a basal thermometer? Google "flat temps." It's mentioned in TCOYF, but I can't recall.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

imageSaucyRedhead:
    Yes it happens. Especially with certain brands of therms. Mine is a Walgreens brand and it favors temps. I can still see my shift (see chart in siggy) so I don't worry about it.

This exactly.  I don't like my new Walgreens thermometer because it only reads certain temps.  It'll still work for what you need, but after using my old thermometer for so long, I don't like it.  DH changed the batteries in my old one and I'm much happier now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the response.  It just took me by surprise because pre-ovulation my temps at least varied a little from day to day.  I was able to clearly see the thermal shift and draw my coverline but was a little concerned because my "flat" luteal phase is unlike the sample charts I've seen in TCOYF.  Thanks again.  :) 

• Options
    Yep, it happens to me too, and usually it's only in my LP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSaucyRedhead:

I use the Walgreen's one also, and it looks like yours favors the same temps as mine does....97.18, 97.33, 97.45, 97.58, 97.6, 97.9....yes? At least I know that you can still see the shift. Last month for me, I wasn't so sure, hopefully this month is clearer. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I have a BD brand therm, and it seems to like 98.2...but it does give different temps at different times, so I know it's working!

Like PP have said, you can still see your shift even with the favored temps.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"