South Dakota Babies

Fort Gordon Mommies...

DH and I will be PCSing to Ft.Gordon a month before our due date. We are currently in San Antonio and I'm being seen at Wilford Hall. My current provider is concerned about the level of care in the military hospital, and mentioned giving me a referral to a civilian hospital. I've heard great things about the Augusta area hospitals. What have you ladies been told about your delivery options on or off post? Thanks for your help!!

Re: Fort Gordon Mommies...

• I was at Ft. Gordon for the first few months of my pregnancy.  I was AD and had an Army officer as my OBGYN at the hospital on base (Eisenhower).  The only information I have really is that you won't deliver on base regardless.  They told me if I stayed they would be sending me to a civilian hospital for the last part of the pregnancy.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name.  I hope someone else can come along and give you more information!
  • Thanks so much! My current doctor has had nothing but incredible things to say about the care at the civilian hospitals there. It's very reassuring to hear that it's standard for Eisenhower to transfer patients to the local hospital!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"