Special Needs
Options

reassuring news at our ultrasound...

two and a half weeks ago we found out we are having a girl and that she has clubbed feet and had enlarged ventricles in her brain (leading to a suspicion of a chromosomal disorder) measuring 12 and 15.4mm (one moderately and one severely enlarged)... had a follow-up ultrasound today...

she looked just like the little girl from before... being shy and hding her face... the technician asked if we wanted to buy a cd with the pictures on it and we said we did... after the ultrasound was over she went to discuss the results with the doctor... when she came back to get us she gave us the cd for free... which of course in my paranoid oregnancy brain means "somethings wrong and they don't want to give us bad news and then make us pay for the cd on our way out...

we met with the doctor and the first words out of his mouth were "everything looks better"... i just sat there in disbelief... he told us that while her feet are still clubbed (and will be until they are fixed after birth)... her ventricles have decreased significantly ( an 8.5 and a 9.5, anything under 10 being normal!)... he said we're not out of the woods yet but we can be much less worried now... he still recommended our mri and ekg that we have in 10 days and said if those come back normal we can pretty much put this scare behind us... i'm trying not to be too relieved and still have reasonable expectations but i can't help but be excited!! 

oh yeah, and she's STILL a girl, and she weighs almost 1lb!

Re: reassuring news at our ultrasound...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"