Minnesota Babies
Options

Mat. skirts and/or workout clothes...ideas where?

So I'm usually a skirt/tank top type girl in the summer. I'm struggling with finding some maternity bottoms for the summer. I can't wear longer capris b/c I'm short and they look terrible on me (plus, they're hot). I've been fairly underwhelmed so far with the jeans I bought. They're fine but don't quite fit right being more curvy.

Anyone have ideas on where I might find a couple of maternity skirts? I haven't seen much out there. I prefer to buy in-store b/c I really vary b/t sizes and never completely settled on a size after losing weight.

I'm also in search of some workout bottoms for the summer if anyone has ideas for that.

Thanks!

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

Re: Mat. skirts and/or workout clothes...ideas where?

• Options

I'm also a tank top/skirt girl in the summer. I noticed though that most the skirts I see in stores have a stretch waistband.

They have them in department stores like kohls, jcp, macy's and the like. I know I've seen them in specialty stores too! I'm not too big yet, but I just plan on buying bigger sizes to accommodate the expanding belly.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • Options
    Clothes Mentor has maternity!  I wish they were around when I was pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you looked at Bellies 2 Babies? I would check that place out 
  • Options

For workout clothes, I would see if your regular stuff with a drawstring waist still fits.  Or buy one size bigger. 

I can't remember seeing very many skirts when I've been out shopping.  Maybe check out the Macy's in Rosedale.  They carry a selection of Motherhood/Mimi/Pea in the Pod stuff (and their return policy is better). Otherwise anything with a stretchy waistband would probably still be comfortable. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a couple of skirts from Motherhood that I wore for awhile after because they didn't look maternity and I wasn't in my regular size yet.

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Options

Thanks for the tips ladies. I'll check those places out. I am still wearing the two skirts I have that have stretchy waistbands, so that helps. But that's pretty much all the summer bottoms I have.

Unfortunately, I didn't invest in much summer yoga-type stuff since losing weight, so I have some running shorts and that's about it. The only cropped yoga pants I have are going to be waaaaaaaaaay too tight.

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Options

I have a skirt I bought at JC Penny's in 2008. I'm not sure if they have any currently. I also have two dresses I bought at Kohls that are just jersey knit that were super comfy through the hot summer months. I have all of my maternity clothes listed on craigslist. The skirt is L but was a very generous fit since everything else I wore was XL-XXL. It is brown and has two matching shirts. If you want to see the link, send me a PM.

imageimage
  • Options
    I agree with Bellies to Babys I got most of my maternity clothes from there.
  • Options
    I just got some cute sun dresses from Motherhood Maternity and they were not too expensive.  I haven't heard of Bellies to Babies but will have to check it out!
  • Options
    I had quite a few skirts when I was pregnant - I got a few super cute ones at Old Navy.  They are very stretchy, and I can still wear them now that I'm not pregnant!  Score!  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"