Preemies

Pregnant After Preemie (&TTC) Check in

Welcome to the check in group for Pregnant After Preemie!  This group is also for those who are actively trying to conceive, planning on it, or just thinking about it...

So, list your 1st name, due date if you're pregnant or ttcing timeline, preemie's name and gestational age at birth as well as the reason for their prematurity.

Each Tuesday I'll post the check in with status updates and questions of the week.  If you have any suggestions for questions of the week or anything else, please let me know!

Pregnant:

mhop, Martha, DD Campbell 27 weeks,  pre-e, due May 29

everlove, Jana, DS Andrew 34 weeks, PROM, due September 15

Kaytee1206, Katie, DD Kendall, 34 weeks PROM, due April 27

ShanaNChris, Shana, DD Lily 31 weeks pre-e/HELLP, due September 26

jennigator3, Jennifer, DS Nathan 33 weeks due to pre-e, due July 2

msalinardi, Margot, DD Angelina, 26 weeks pre-e, due May 15

Denesdia, Diane, DD Zoey 25 weeks PTL, due August 13

purplepuggles, Joan, DS Jack, 27 weeks placental abruption, due June 30

FaithRocks, Kelly, DS Trig 32 weeks, pre-e, ptl, placental abruption, due September 7

tothemoon2, Kristina, DD 32 weeks, low amniotic fluid, due June 28th

Aidge- get me your info so I can add you :)

cherylgray87, Cheryl, DS ?, due October 31

Sweets2005, Katie, DD and DS 32 weeks, placenta previa/bleeding due November 1

sabloja,  DS Hayden 30 weeks, pPROM, due July 20

sleepyocean, Jamie, DS Jake, 29 weeks pre-e, Due Sept 8

FutureMrsCuoghi, Maria, DD Katie & angel baby Jack 27w due to Jack's severe IUGR, very low fluid, & pre-e, due Nov 12

Mama2MyBabies, Tatiana,DD Kiley 31 weeks car accident started labor, DS Caleb 35w, placental abruption after major pregnancy complications, due with twins 10/10, but having a c-section late September

ChristineS0820, Christine, DS Tristen, 35 weeks, PTL, Due 10/17

TTCing:

MrsDeLaVara, Emily, DD Chelsea 27 weeks pPROM

heer4u, Sharon, DD Sophie 27 weeks PTL

njkaren, Karen, DS Brandon 26 weeks fetal distress due to twin's loss

kcswifey, Sara, DS Logan 28 weeks, unexplained PTL

SkypeWithoutAC, Shannon, DD Ellie, 33 weeks PPROM

Beccaboo0713, Becca, DS Jacob, 35 weeks fetal distress

mrsfriend, Dawn Marie, DS Parker 34 weeks PPROM

kamcfarlane, Kate, DS Ryan 32 weeks, placenta previa

PDXGal7868,  Haley, DS Cole, 34 weeks, unexplained PTL

FiremansWife2009baby,  Leila, DS Logan, 35 weeks due to pre-e

Thinking about/Planning on TTCing:

ijack, Ivory, DD Emma 29 weeks placental abruption, ttc June 2010

lemen99, Kathy, DS Andrew 26 weeks IC, ttc in May

TriciaJoy, Trish, DS Robbie 26 weeks pre-e/HELLP, seeing RE in May

BartsGirl, Alison, DS Benjamin 34 weeks PROM, ttc in the fall

erikaja6, Erika, DS Jordan 33 weeks IC, ttc in August

*Sweet Pea*, Jamie, DD Skylar, 29 weeks pre-e/HELLP, ttcing end of year?

Clotho!, Janet, DS Robbie 34 weeks pre-e & DS Simon 34 weeks pih and ptl, debating between adoption and ttcing in Spring 2011

mek10976, Megan, DS Simon, 32 weeks pre-e/PROM, ttcing June-ish

goblue, Kristin, DS Jake, 27 weeks pPROM, maybe ttcing late 2010

sweetpea18, Sara, dd Reese, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e, ttcing in a couple of months

SWMcFarland, DD Lily, born at 34 weeks due to HELPP, ttcing at end of year...or the summer:)

magdalina.h, Maggie, angel baby Aidan 28 1/2 weeks, cord failed and stroke in utero,  TTC in July

Mommies (again)!

LUCKY41010,  Heather, DS Cooper, 33 weeks, IUGR, Baby #2 Carter

RRHsMom,  DS Ryan 35-36 weeks, Baby #2 Meghan Madonna

MWiley0225, DS Caleb 34 weeks, DS 27 weeks due to unknown except for multiple high risk complications, DD Hailey

BrainySmurfette, Melissa, DD Katie 34 weeks, pre-e/HELLP, DD #2 Elizabeth

-----------------------

News: No news this week that I know of...

QOTW:  How will you prepare your DC for the new arrival?

Updates: Please let us know how you're doing!

Re: Pregnant After Preemie (&TTC) Check in

• QOTW:  We've been talking a lot about baby Maggie and she will talk to and kiss my belly but I don't think she has any idea.  We did buy her one of those toddler digital cameras (got it 50% off at Buy Buy Baby!) to give her when Maggie gets here so she can take pictures with her camera because I know we'll be taking lots of pictures with ours...  I also want to buy her a nice baby doll with a cradle so she can take care of "her baby" while Mommy takes care of Maggie...

Update:  Well, I've had an exciting week.  I've had several episodes of tachycardia (rapid heart rate) along with high bp.  It really scared me, especially on Thursday when I came very close to passing out when I was at the OB's office.  Right now they're considering it a common pregnancy issue that's probably not associated with pre-e.  So, we'll see how it goes.  I have another OB appointment and NST on Friday.  Only 3 weeks until our scheduled c-section!

• ijackijack member

QOTW: not sure yet

Update: surgery is tomorrow. yikes.

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • You can take me off the list. I had my son 2 weeks ago and he is home being a little piggy!
  • QOTW: not a ton. we talk about the baby in my belly, and make a huge deal when he is sweet to his doll (instead of chucking it across the room) but there isn't too much to tell an 18 month old, you know? we let him go in his sister's room and look at the stuff we have laid out there but honestly i think most of what we could do to tell him would be confusing at his age.

Updates: nothing really - doing well! Psyched to be past 30 weeks and hoping baby girl stays put until at least 37 weeks!

• QOTW:  I think DD is too young to really understand what is going on.  All she knows is that I am home all the time (on bedrest), I can't pick her up or do anything fun, but she likes sitting with me in the recliner.  Overall, I think she feels like this is how life is supposed to be (with everybody home).  Who knows what she will say about a little screaming bambino!

Updates: I was released from the hospital on 4/19/10 to home on modified bedrest.  I am restless, but feeling fine other wise.  This week is the gestational age that I went into labor with DD, and four days later had her at 25 weeks and 2 days.  When I make it past Sunday, I will be more pregnant than I have ever been before.  That makes me smile.  Time just keeps trucking along.  No other news.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• QOTW:  How will you prepare your DC for the new arrival? We talk about the baby in my belly and his little sister, but I am sure he doesn't get it.

Updates: I am honestly terrified. I am coming up on the GA that my water broke with number one, and now every little amount of discharge (TMI I know) I worry if it is normal or signs of early labor. I have a u/s and appointment on Monday. I just want to get past 30 w 2 d. Although we were very lucky with Hayden, no long term issues and a very short uneventful NICU stay, I still don't know how I would deal with another preemie. It scares the $hit out of me and I feel like I can't really talk to anyone about it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • QOTW: We will probably just do a lot of talking about babies, read books, visit other babies...

Update:  I go in tomorrow for my HSG.  I am really hoping that it is not too painful!  I have heard that this procedure can stimulate your follicles to work better and can increase your chance of pregnancy (this is my doc's hope!). 

Good luck tomorrow Ivory!  Way to go all of you "way more pregnant than you were" mommies...you are my heros!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • QOTW: i think DS will adjust pretty well. he's a huge fan of babies (he points at every kid he says and shouts bay-be!) and doesn't seem to have any problem with me holding/playing with other kids. we'll probably just talk it up a lot and keep him as involved as possible.

update: i *think* i ovulated on my own again. i'm with the RE for testing and we have our what's next appt on may 5th. which is 10dpo, so we'll see what happens.

• QOTW:  I don't need to worry about this yet, but I guess I would do the typical reading of books about becoming a big brother and maybe give him a doll to carry around.  But I'm pretty positive that DH will freak out about the doll since it is "girlie". 

Update:  Not much here.  Just enjoying a glass of wine since I hope it will be one of my last ones.  I've been charting my cycle/ovulation, so I hope to be preggo at the end of June.  Just hope it all works as quickly as the first time :)

• QOTW: Well DD#1 is only 15 months old so I think she's too young to understand. She puts her finger on my outtie belly button, but that's about it. We talk about little sis, but I'm confindent she has no clue.

Update: Well TODAY is the day I had an emergency c-section with DD#1. It's the day that has been my ultimate goal and now that it's here, I'm grinning ear to ear. Had an apt. at the high rish clinic on Monday for a level 2 ultrasound. DD#2 is estimated to weigh 4 lbs. 14 ounces.....a full POUND and TWO OUNCES MORE than DD#1 was at birth. All signs are looking good for a full term pregnancy. 6 weeks until the scheduled c-section!

• qotw: I'm not sure!! 

update: We have another appt w/ the MFM tomorrow. We're going to talk again about cerclage placement and I have a saline infusion sonogram to look for any abnormalities.

• AidgeAidge member
    Martha, you can take me off the list as well.  Ben is home and is the easiest baby EVER! (Knock on wood.)  Sam on the other hand is having a very tough time adjusting. 
  • Hello! Can you please move from me TTC to Pregnant! I will be 9 weeks tomorrow, expecting our second baby!

QOTW: My son is still very young that he doesn't understand anything that's going to change. Once we're closer to delivery and he's about 18 months old then we will try to prepare him a little more. I have no doubts he will be a great big brother.

Updates: Well, my update from last time is that I'm pregnant! Really excited, but obviously nervous about complications again. I did a 24 hour urine test this week so my doctors can have a baseline as to where I'm at. It seems like they will be monitoring me a lot closer this time, and I hope to have a healthy, full term pregnancy, but am obviously preparing myself for the worst.

• I always seem to be late on this...

QOTW:  We've been reading Lily books about being a Big Sister, but I don't think she fully understands what's happening. She now tells me that she also has a baby in her tummy.

Updates: I am doing good...they did find protein in my last 24 hour urine and I have had some high blood pressures (mostly due to work), but I'm haning in there :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"