Secondary IF
Options

IHO Mother's Day - Here's a POLL!!!!

1) What makes you a good mom?
2) What makes you a good wife?
3) What makes you a good friend?
4) What makes you a good daughter?
5) What makes you a good sister, sister in law, or other family member?
6) What do you want your child(ren) to say your 'legacy' was once you're gone?
7) What is one thing about your own mom (or whoever was your "mom"/caregiver) that you want to emmulate in your own parenting?
8) What is a characteristic you admire in other moms?
9) If you could transform or take away your 1 least fave characteristic about yourself as a mom, what would it be?

[ps - an easy way for everyone to follow along with your answers is to copy & paste the questions and then change your font for your answers. Itallics for example]

Re: IHO Mother's Day - Here's a POLL!!!!

• Options

1) What makes you a good mom? my undying dedication and love for her. I think, through IF, I've really gained the appreciation of what a GIFT she is and how blessed I am for having her in my life. She teaches so much me every single day. I think that's a huge benefit to IF (maybe the only), we're really blessed with the gift of true appreciation!

2) What makes you a good wife? My realization that my expectations for marriage were all katty-whompus and I had no real models for what a healthy marriage was supposed to be. I think my ability to ebb/flow and change and grow WITH my partner makes me a good wife. We're in this forever, like not "well, if stuff gets hard then maybe it won't work" - just FOREVER. No other option.

3) What makes you a good friend? I'm very dedicated and steadfast in my loyalty as long as its not betrayed.

4) What makes you a good daughter? Oh this is a fun one - why did I ask this question again?! LOL I think my very rigid boundries with my family (who have no boundries at all) makes me a a great daughter. They might not agree but I'm a much better person with the boundries and I think that makes me a better overall daughter.

5) What makes you a good sister, sister in law, or other family member? My sister is like my child (she's much younger than me). I'd do anything for her. I think, again, the loyalty and dedication to the welfare of others really makes me a stellar family member. I don't ever sacrifice more than my heart can take but I definitely go above and beyond for anyone I can help.

6) What do you want your child(ren) to say your 'legacy' was once you're gone? I want her to think of me as someone who lived life with a truckload of passion, enjoyed everyday, found the blessings that reside all around her, and smiled abundantly. I want her to see me as someone who was strong willed with a soft heart. I want her to view my mothering as determined to give her all of the tools she needs to be successful but also a very soft spot to land when this world's gnarley teeth are chomping at her feet. I want her to grow into being my friend and someone she respects. I want her to see my marriage as the foundation of love in our lives and the relationship between my husband & I to be something sacred. A never-doubted, unwaivering bond that no argument or disagreement ever threatened. I want her to view my mothering as a device by which she was instilled with confidence, strength, and steadfast determination. I want her to remember me as someone who loved many people very much but also REALLY loved herself (as I think this is something so many girls lack in their lives - the self love to respect themselves, etc).

7) What is one thing about your own mom (or whoever was your "mom"/caregiver) that you want to emmulate in your own parenting? Not much from my real mom but my grandma was always a soft spot to land (sometimes too soft).

8) What is a characteristic you admire in other moms? I love to see moms with abundant confidence and composure. I strive to be more like them everyday.

9) If you could transform or take away your 1 least fave characteristic about yourself as a mom, what would it be? I think it'd be my cyclical worrying thoughts. I think they inhibit me in being the BEST mom I can be. I worry so often that I'm spinning around about how I'm worried instead of fostering the moment and enjoying the gifts today brings.

• Options

These polls make me happy! I normally post on my local board, but there has been a crazy wave of second pregnancies recently, making it hard for me to hang out over there.

1) What makes you a good mom? ** My daughter -- she's so great she makes it easy!

2) What makes you a good wife? ** My devotion to our family... although it's a double edged sword, since I'm not always good at making DH my #1 priority.
    3) What makes you a good friend? ** I'm very reliable.

4) What makes you a good daughter? ** I always include my parents (and ILs) in our lives and give them plenty of opportunities to make memories with DD.

5) What makes you a good sister, sister in law, or other family member? ** With my twin sister just becoming pregnant (on her first month trying -- ouch!), I think I've done a good job of being supportive and happy for her rather than feeling (too) sorry for myself. I'm hoping that I'll be rewarded by karma and we'll have the opportunity to be pregnant together ;)

6) What do you want your child(ren) to say your 'legacy' was once you're gone? ** I just want DD to say that I was a good mom and I gave her a happy life.

7) What is one thing about your own mom (or whoever was your "mom"/caregiver) that you want to emmulate in your own parenting? ** Being a good listener 

8) What is a characteristic you admire in other moms? ** The ability to remain calm. I'm not a total spaz, but I do allow myself to get flustered occasionally.

9) If you could transform or take away your 1 least fave characteristic about yourself as a mom, what would it be? ** Similar to #8. I'd like to be more laid back in general.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) What makes you a good mom? My ability to accept whatever my child does in her life. I don't want her to ever feel like she can't be honest with me and no matter what path she chooses I will love her no matter what. Futher her education/not further it, strive for a career/stay home with her family, gay/straight no matther what I will be there for her and support her.

2) What makes you a good wife? The fact that I am not a normal wife, haha!! My husband and I are great at the give and take that is required in a relationship. We both have things we like to do without the other and are great at giving each other the free time to do so and don't hold it over the other's head. But we also know that family time is priority #1 and do everything we can for our daughter. I also think my ability to walk away when frustrated and then to reapproach after cooling down. I absolutely detest public fighting, drama and dragging your friends into things.

3) What makes you a good friend? I am a great listener but give honest feedback. It is the #1 thing people say they like about me. I don't say things that are mean or to hurt feelings but if I don't agree or understand something I will tell you so and hope that people will do the same to me.

4) What makes you a good daughter? Our bond in general. My mother and I are very close and do a lot of things together. She is my best friend and I love being with her.

5) What makes you a good sister, sister in law, or other family member? I am not a good SIL for the most part, I hate my ILs. I am a good sister because my brother is 25 and has absolutely no direction in his life. I try to help him where I can and try to help him find his path in life.

6) What do you want your child(ren) to say your 'legacy' was once you're gone? How determined I was. I live in a very small rural community and there isn't much for kids under the age of 5. In the last year I have discovered that it is my passion to get early childhood activities in our community. I want her to know and remember how determined I was to make the best out of every situation and to get her so involved in life.

7) What is one thing about your own mom (or whoever was your "mom"/caregiver) that you want to emmulate in your own parenting? My mother was 17 when she got pregnant with my and my father is an dou-che bag. She gave up everything for my brother and I to give us the best life that she could. I didn't realize it then what she did for us but do know and am so appreciative. I hope that I can do the same for my daughter when the sticky times come.

8) What is a characteristic you admire in other moms? The mother who always look so put together!!

9) If you could transform or take away your 1 least fave characteristic about yourself as a mom, what would it be? Because of my daughter's allergy I can be very controlling about things. It is all for her safety and well being but I do need to learn to relax sometimes. I try but am just very overprotective.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"