South Florida Babies

WWYD?

Eric is not so great at gift giving and I am trying to hint a few things that are easy for him to find/order.

I really wanted a neckalce with the boys names on it. The one I really like is hand stamped and would have all name on ONE pendant.

Eric said there is no way he is ordering something with baby #3's name on it until he is actually born (especially since we have a bunch os useless embroidered stuff that we got when Sebastian was a "girl"). I said, I didn't care and still wanted it?

WWYD?

Re: WWYD?

• I wouldn't get something with the names either, I'm not usually very superstitious, but something about it, I don't know...

You can either get 3 separate pendants, get 2 now and get the 3rd later.  Or, just wait on the whole thing.  

FWIW - I always have to be very specific with gifts with marc, otherwise I get strange things!! 

image image

• Leanna, Thank you for your honesty, I think regardless of what I want, Eric said he wouldn;t order it anyway. LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe something with their birthstones instead?  I have to be VERY specific with MH as well!
  • Although I also wouldn't feel comfortable about getting jewelry with baby's name until after the birth, if I really wanted it I'd probably just get it myself.  If you're patient, then wait until after the birth and I'm sure your DH will get it for you.  DH and I are both specific about gifts with each other b/c we're both them same way - we just buy ourselves w/e we want so it's hard to give gifts for each other.  I asked him for a Coach diaper bag for Mother's Day, but when I went to the store to check them out I just ended up buying it right there on the spot (it was the last one on clearance, so I didn't want to wait). 

• I understand your DH's concern, expecially since Sebastian was a girl up to delivery. Other than that reason, I personally don't feel weird about buying stuff with the baby's name before hand. You might need to wait until after he's born if there is no changing your Dh's mind. We are the same when it comes to buying gifts. We have to tell each other exactly what we want because if not we end up with gifts (good intentions behind them) that are useless.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsLeanna:

I wouldn't get something with the names either, I'm not usually very superstitious, but something about it, I don't know...

You can either get 3 separate pendants, get 2 now and get the 3rd later.  Or, just wait on the whole thing.  

FWIW - I always have to be very specific with gifts with marc, otherwise I get strange things!! 

Ditto!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Try looking at necklaces from uncommongoods.com that have stone to represent the kids instead of names; you can put three peas in a pod or two turquiose eggs under the mommy bird etc..  Then get your initials necklace once the baby is born....or ask the jewler about return or exchange policy (just in case) and reassure your husband that it can be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"