Pregnant after 35

Newbie!! and Scared as heck!

Hi everyone! I'm 36 and just got my bfp Sunday!! I did three tests at home, then went to the neighbourhood medi clinic/minor emergency and they just gave me another urine test and they were all positive!  I have to wait until Wed. to see my own Dr. Sooo excited.. and shocked!!!

We've only been trying for 4 months. My mom and sister both had trouble conceiving, and I'm older, i'm a bit overweight and a total stress-ball most of the time, so this is a complete shocker! I look forward to all of your stories, comments and posts!  Smile

Re: Newbie!! and Scared as heck!

• Congratulations!  GL to you!
  • GL to you!  Keep up positive thoughts!  

Me: now over 40, careerwoman; DH: 34 love of my life
    Blood work, anatomy and his SA = in fine shape say drs
    Our journey so far:
    7/09: BFP m/c 6w s/e/p, 2 rounds methotrexate
    4/10 BFP m/c 6w D&C..it was a boy :(
    6/10-2/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
    3/11: Clomid cycle, BFN
    4/11-9/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
    10/11 IUI #1 BFN
    Have to breathe over next few months.
    Feb 2012: IVF #1, max stims, only 3 retrieved, all fertilized, only 1 transferred on Day 3. BFN.
    RE says move to DE. DE it is.
    DE IVF #1 - 10/29: 12 eggs retrieved, 10 fert. 11/2: Day5 transfer 2 'perfect' blasts. 4 blasts on ice. 11/11: Beta #1 at 9dp5dt = 72.7 11/13: Beta #2 at 11dp5dt: 30.3 c/p :( WTF appt 11/27: RE a little dumbfounded. Checking Thyroid panel again, Hysterogram as well; FET most likely in Jan. '13.have reconsidered a parallel path of adoption.
    PAIF&SAIF always welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations and welcome!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Wecome and congrats!
  • Thank you so much!!!
  • Congrats and Welcome!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • welcome.

i am down with your fear.  Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am totally with you on the fear.  I will turn 38 tomorrow and all I can think of is that I am not old enough for this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GL to you and a H&H 9 months!
  • JJ1973JJ1973 member

imageptoast:
    I am totally with you on the fear.  I will turn 38 tomorrow and all I can think of is that I am not old enough for this.

Ha! I feel the same way at 37.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"