North Carolina Babies
Options

did not get the warm a fuzzy I was expecting...

I had a dr appt this morning and it was with the dr who delivered my youngest child, so I was expecting the dr to take time and answer my questions and in general just spend a few minutes talking with me.  She was over a hour behind for a 9:10 am appt, which sucked.  She came in dismissed all my questions and concerns, measured me, listened to the heartbeat and basically said see you next time.  Now I have done this enough to understand that these appts are routine and don't have a lot of meaning but I thought at least from a dr who delivered one of my children to at least spend a few minutes.  (I have gotten better treatment from drs I have never seen before.)  I was wrong and I left very frustrated.  Also to top it all off today was my glucose test, so I didn't leave the office until after 11:00 am, beacuse she was a hour behind it put my test a hour behind.  Just venting!!  Thanks for reading!

Re: did not get the warm a fuzzy I was expecting...

• Options
    I am sorry you had a bad appointment! I hated when they made me wait like that, I think it is extremely rude to make anyone wait over an hour for any appt, esp a PG woman. Luckily it only happened once or twice at my practice. I think a lot of OBs forget how special pregnancy is for their patients, since it is something they see everyday. I hope your next appt is better!
  • Options

imagemrsNnearly:
    I am sorry you had a bad appointment! I hated when they made me wait like that, I think it is extremely rude to make anyone wait over an hour for any appt, esp a PG woman. Luckily it only happened once or twice at my practice. I think a lot of OBs forget how special pregnancy is for their patients, since it is something they see everyday. I hope your next appt is better!

I agree with pp (bold).  With my first pregnancy, I started off seeing an OB.  I felt like they were really rushed, so I decided to see a midwife after I got a recommendation from a friend.  I saw all the midwives at my practice, and I never had any of them try to rush  me out.  Overall, it was a great experience.  If your doctor doesn't seem to be taking your needs as seriously as you'd like, you may want to consider switching.  You can still have an epidural with a midwife, and you can have your baby in a hopital, etc.  You'd only have to see a DR. during labor if there was a complication.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a pretty good dr. for this pregnancy, the only problem I have is they still have the under 18 ban still in effect.  The hospitals and all other dr's offices have lifted it, but mine.  It stinks having to find a sitter for my 2 older children.  It helps that my oldest is in school, but summer vacay is just around the corner.  I hope she's not late for you anymore.  It stinks that if we are late, we still have to pay.

Mommy to Jordyn Michelle age 9.

• Options

Yeah I agree with all this.

I had a NP that I LOVEd so much more than the doctors. She really spent time and asked me alot of questions. She wanted to know about me and was very helpful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"