South Florida Babies
Options

First Communion gift for a boy

What do you get a little boy for his First Communion?  I have tons of ideas for a girl, but none for a boy =(

Re: First Communion gift for a boy

• Options
    My go to gift for baptisms and communions is a little cross that can be hung in the kids bedroom, maybe over the door. If they already have one there, the family can probably find somewhere to put it in the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had a communion this weekend and just gave the boy cash. We couldn't think of what else to get him. Word of advice...shop for a card now. I went to 3 places looking for a communion card and they were all sold out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The communion I'm going to on Saturday is of a 12 yr old girl... so I'm in the same boat.  I think we'll give her $$ and she can either save it or decide what she needs and buy it on her own.

Prob not much help!  LOL  Maybe ask the parents and get him a nice casual outfit?

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The thing is that it's my godson so I wanted to give him something meaningful.

• Options
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

The thing is that it's my godson so I wanted to give him something meaningful.

Okay, different story.  Maybe a necklace w/ a cross... and engrave the cross w/ the first communion date?  My grandmother gave me this for my communion, and it was/is a nice memory to have

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Can you get him a nice bible? Or something that can be personalized?
  • Options

My Godmother got me a cross necklace. I still wear it :) 

Can you try to look into a nice cross like the girls said? That way he can always have it.  

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I had my little cousin's first communion on Saturday and I got him a Precious Moments frame with two "windows," one of which had a pretty drawing of the bread and wine, and the other where I printed and put in one of his Communion portraits.

If you want something a little more special and a little less generic, what about a nice, antique-y pocket watch? That is what my little cousin's dad got him as a gift. I think that's about as much as you can do in the jewelry department for a little boy without being too schmaltzy. My little cousin thought it was the coolest thing ever and now he's all excited for his next "dressy" event so that he can carry his little pocket watch. Come to think of it, my little cousin is kind of dorky so I don't know how many other 8 year old boys would enjoy that type of gift, but I know he loved it :) Maybe you can find a nice vintage one on eBay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How about a savings bond? You can spend $50 and get a $100 bond that he can put away to have for later. 
    image image

• Options
    Leanna, I like that idea.  Where could I purchase a bond?
  • Options
    any bank - you need his social security number though.  My family has been buying them for Alexis, I think it's a great gift.
    image image

• Options
    DH works in banking and he mentioned we could also deposit money straight into his college fund.  Since I'd have to ask his mom for the social security number anyway, I'll just inquire what kind of savings/college fund they have for him.  I may just keep adding to it for future holidays/birthdays b/c those kids have EVERYTHING they could ever need/want.
  • Options
    My little brother's comunion is this weekend as well.  i'm sending him a Visa Gift card - he's 12.  I know he'll love it and probably buy himself a pair of sneakers. 
  • Options
    There are plenty of great First Communion gifts for boys. The popular symbol of First Communion is the Chalice representing the Holy Eucharist and any gift with this in mind will be appropriate. For example you can purchase a; - First Communion pendant - First Communion Rosary - Small keepsake box - Photo Frame - Wall Cross If you don't have a local Catholic store, buy a gift online and call the store for assistance with your selection. My favorite Catholic store is The Catholic Faith Store https://www.CatholicFaithStore.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"