South Florida Babies

What should I do?

Next weekend me, hubby and my mom were supposed to go to Orlando to go shopping. Well low and behold my brother found out and started bitching because Thursday is his 25th b-day and we were leaving to Orlando. My brother is not a B-day so we just figured we would go to dinner on Thursday and that would be the end of it. Well now the trip has turned into me, my hubby, my mom, my dad, my bro and his gf. Don't get me wrong I love my family but I know that when we get there and me and my mom want to go shopping my dad is going to start complaining. So the whole trip is planned and my bro's gf calls me and says that my bro want to go to a theme park on Sat and that she tried to explain to him that I couldn't go on any rides and he said so she can just sit their and wait for us. Well long story short I don't want to spend $60 on a theme park ticket to walk around and get sun. What would you do? They all invited themselves and I want to go shopping. 

Re: What should I do?

• That sucks that it's turned into more than what you were planning, but you can always go shopping with your mom while the rest of the group goes to theme park. That way, your dad won't be able to complain about going shopping & you won't be out the price of a theme park ticket. After shopping/the park, ya'll can go out to dinner in honor of your bro's birthday & enjoy the company.
  • Blame it on the OB stating you can't go to the park?  I had some bleeding a few wks back, and my RE said no theme parks for me, even if I am on a wheelchair.

DH and I just got back from Orlando.  Everyone went to the parks during the day, and DH and I did our own thing, including shopping.  We had breakfast and dinner as a group.  I think it worked out perfectly for us.  Maybe you guys can work on a compromise?!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG!  That's terrible!

Just tell them that your original intentions were to go shopping and they can go to the parks while you're doing just that and that you'll meet up for dinner afterwards.  There's no point in you spending the money on a theme park to just waste time and energy.  If that doesn't work, I agree with pps - blame it on your OB and tell them he said you can't spend so much time on your feet and in the heat!

• imageUMwife:
    That sucks that it's turned into more than what you were planning, but you can always go shopping with your mom while the rest of the group goes to theme park. That way, your dad won't be able to complain about going shopping & you won't be out the price of a theme park ticket. After shopping/the park, ya'll can go out to dinner in honor of your bro's birthday & enjoy the company.

This exactly

• imagemiamicubajam:

imageUMwife:
    That sucks that it's turned into more than what you were planning, but you can always go shopping with your mom while the rest of the group goes to theme park. That way, your dad won't be able to complain about going shopping & you won't be out the price of a theme park ticket. After shopping/the park, ya'll can go out to dinner in honor of your bro's birthday & enjoy the company.

This exactly

Yep, I would just make your own plans.  You won't be happy at the park when you want to shop so why bother?  Your brother is a big boy, he can go to the park on his own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do your own thing!  Enjoy your time shopping with your mom and celebrate your brother's bday at dinner or something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"