South Florida Babies
Options

UTI while pregnant?

Were any of you prone to these?

I have not had one this whole pregnancy but am starting to feel uncomfortable. I just bought a cranberry juice and am going to try and flush it out today. Ugh! I used to get these all the time but started peeing right after DH and I play tennis. Which we did yesterday (in case you were wondering) and I went right after. Now I get this? W T F?

Eww. LOL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI while pregnant?

• Options
    I don't really have any advice, but I hope that it's nothing and that it goes away soon.
  • Options
    YES!!!!!! and it was really difficult to get rid of, I had to have IV antibiotics.  Go to the Dr if you even suspect it, b/c it can be dangerous in pregnancy and can cause infection and contractions. 
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had one around 18 weeks. Remember when I was in NJ and ended up violently illl and hospitalized!? It turned out I had a UTI and didn't know it. Definitely call your doctor if you think you have one, you need antibiotics right away!

• Options
    Greeeeeeeeat! Just what I need to have to go to the doctor in this weather. I am waiting for the nurse to call me back. Ugh.
  • Options

Oh I'm sorry your so uncomfortable. UTI's are the worst!!! I've only had one but it was the most uncomfortable thing ever.

I keep cranberry juice and the cranberry tablets on hand just to avoid getting them.

Hopefully it will go away soon.

• Options

I'm glad you called the doctor.  Ditto pp about UTI being serious during pregnancy. 

That's one of the things they test in your urine every time you go to the doctor's office.

Your immune system is repressed during pregnancy.  So by the time you feel UTI symptoms, the infection may have been there for awhile.

Hope you feel better ASAP. 

• Options
    AlbahAlbah member

I know, definitely UTI's are more common in our state. ;) Drink plenty of fluids and for sure let your OB know. They will probably want to check a urine culture to see what grows. (especially since if it is group B strep you will need antibiotics during delivery)!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"