South Jersey Babies
Options

Midwife vs. Ob/gyn

I was wondering what others would pick or have picked and why... Im considering a midwife, but not sure of the benefits and what not..

Re: Midwife vs. Ob/gyn

• Options
    The practice I use has both so with my first, I had appts throughout with both.  On delivery day, it was an OB on call so he delivered my son.  I think no matter what you just need to be comfortable with the person delivering your child and have a good relationship with them.  I don't know all too much about the midwife experience, just that they spend more hands on time with you during labor.  Would you still want a hospital delivery or are you thinking of a birthing center?
  • Options

I had a midwife w/my first and an OB for my second. I MUCH preferred having a midwife.

She was much more down to earth, she took her time at each & every appointment, and really made it a point to get to know me & DH. She talked to us for 15 mins after every exam and I never felt rushed at an appintment with her. She even gave us homework to do and checklists to fill out. She really eased our first time parent nerves.

I knew from day 1 that I wanted an epi & she was 100% on board with that. At delivery she did a perineal massage with warm oil from a crockpot -- it was AMAZING!!! I delivered in 2 pushes and didn't have any tearing! She was also realy great about getting my mom & MIL involved, which they loved.

I was so sad when she left the practice. She made my birthing experience so much better than I ever imagined it to be. 

My delivery w/the OB was just OK. I go to a large practice and I saw 4 different Dr's and I just got whoever was on call that day. I didn't feel the connection that I did to my midwife.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Great, Thanks :)  I think Im going to go with a midwife.  I wanna deliver at a hospital, and the widwife I talked to said they do everything a doctor would do, including drugs, if i wanted them.  So i think my husband and I will be going with a midwife.   

If anyone used a midwife from University Doctors in Wash. Twp.  and would recommend her,  PLEASE let me know.. :)   Thanks

• Options

I have a mw via Women's Healthcare in Mullica Hill. I'm sure yours is fine, but just to give you another option.

I'm really looking forward to delivering with her as she's been a great resource since I started seeing her a few years back for my annuals. She is supportive of everything and takes everything I say/ask very seriously.

I honestly think an OB can be this way as well, I just think you're more likely to have that sort of experience with a mw in general. Either way, you should connect with that person. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"