Preemies
Options

How will I know?

How will I know when I'm going into labor. I at 23 weeks, been having contractions with barely any pain or pattern. Last time this happened and I went to the hospital I was dilated 3cm. What If i completely dilate, and still not feel contractions? I'm scared I'll be too late but I don't want to keep going in and it be completely false...
Pregnancy Ticker
"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold. All that you need is in your soul, and you can do this if you try. All that I want for you my son, is to be satisfied." Photobucket

Re: How will I know?

• Options

Well many people don't know. When I got to the hospital at 30 weeks I was contracting every 2-3 min and had no idea! I was there for bleeding. I stayed on bedrest for a couple weeks (until the babies were born due to continued bleeding) and had contractions every day almost but never really felt it.

Don't be afraid to call the doc and/or go to L&D. That is what they are there for!!! They get the big bucks to see you anyway! You may be experiencing the real thing and they can give you something to stop it.

Hang in there!  :)

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    ijackijack member
    Well, no one (docs and nurses included) realized I was in labor until I was 8cm, so I don't have much advice :( 
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My water broke first at 32 weeks.  When I got to the hospital 45 min. later I was 8-9cm.
  • Options
    I went in for a normal OB appointment and while I was there they found out I was having contractions every five minutes. I had no pain.. nothing. Didn't even notice. She sent me to the hospital (right in front of my OB's office) and when I got there and they got me all hooked up (literally five minutes) I was having contractions every two minutes. I still didn't feel anything!
  • Options

Are you getting checked weekly given your current status? I didn't think I was in labor but was having ridiculous back pain, and when I got there, that's when we realized it was likely labor. I was sorta feeling the contractions, but the back pain covered it so much. I was 1.5 cm dilated and 100% thinned out, and my contractions went from erratic to every 3-4 minutes over the course of 5 hours. They checked me and I was at 3 cm so I stayed and had DS that night.

Better to go and be wrong than to wait *too* long. 

• Options

i guess the answer is that you won't know if it for real unless you go and get checked. im surprised they aren't keeping a better eye on your considering you are having contractions so early and were 3cm last time.

i had contractions but i thought they were bh since they weren't painful. went to hospital to get checked out to be safe and i was 6cm and had my son the next day at 30 weeks.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • Options

I didn't know until it was too late but in retrospect there were some changes - increased discharge (TMI!), back pain was worse (although I'd already had it) and a few BH.

When in doubt, call your doctor!
    Hugs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"