Detroit Babies
Options

First trip away from DS...

My MIL has graciously reserved a travel reservation for a weekend getaway next weekend and offered to watch DS.  This will be our first trip away from him and I am kind of sad!!  I work full-time, so the weekends are really our family time while the week is filled with routine, so I am feeling a little guilty about leaving him.  Has anyone else experienced this and what age was your LO when it happened?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage BabyFetus Ticker

Re: First trip away from DS...

• Options
    We have a similar situation. We are invited to a wedding up north and kids aren't invited ( which I understand and we did the same thing) but I am not ready to leave Lexi for a whole weekend. i need to decide soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

our first trip was up north with friends for a weekend when my DD was about 3 months old and that one was really tough since it was first time away from her. My MIL also watched her. I have spend a lot of my time looking at her pics in my phone. I was very sad and missed her a lot.

Then we became pro at it:-) and left her for a week with my MIL when she was about 5 months old and we went to Mexico. Few months later we went to Italy for a week and she stayed w/ Grandma again. It was hard every time we left her but I am glad we did. I think it is really important for your realtionship with DH to do things alone.

hey you might be able to sleep in on Sunday and when is tha last time you have done that;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Jasmina - I think you may have sold me on the sleeping in part! lol

Oh and I emailed Emily and told her your family is gorgeous and you will be a fun family to photograph!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks Julie! I already started thinking what are we going to wear, I need to chill out, it's 2 1/2 months away:-)

• Options

Oh, to be able to sleep in again!! I do not remember what that is like, so I am looking forward to that.  Thank you for your post - it was very comforting :)  I agree it is important for us to do things alone too! 

In other news, I checked out Emily's website this afternoon and I think I am going to try to book her this summer for DS one year photos.  I like Portrait Innovations and they have been really great for us, but for the one year, I think I would like some family shots and something a little bit different.  The cost is not that much different than what we have been paying and the work on her site is beautiful :)

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

DD was 5 months when DH & I went to Boston for 4 days.  I really didn't have a problem leaving her, I think knowing that she would be w/my parents & that I just needed some time w/DH (& some rest!).  Plus I think it helps, since I know some people who haven't spent 1 night away from their kids & the kids are 2 or 3 yrs old.

Don't get me wrong, I love DD, but, I just know I need some "me" (since I'm a SAHM) & "us" time and that it will do her good to get away, otherwise it might be hard for her to leave us when she's older. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have yet to spend a night away from DS.  I have a OOT wedding to go to next month so that'll be my first weekend away.  I hate to say it, but I'm kind of excited about it.  It'll be nice to just worry about myself for a couple days- sleep in, take a long shower, enjoy a hot meal with no little fingers poking at things :)  It'll also be nice to just carry a purse around and not have to worry about a stroller and diaper bag!  I'm sure I'll miss Noah, but it's just 2 nights and he's in good hands
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just picked up our DS from a night he spent away at my moms.  We didn't have any real plans so it was only for the night.  DS is a little over a month old.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"