Minnesota Babies
Options

Birth announcements

Hi all. I'm starting to think about birth announcements. I found out that my mac has a few postcard templates that will be perfect for the announcement.

I was also thinking of having an open house about a month after baby arrives so that friends and family can come over and visit. 

I was thinking of including the open house information on the announcement. Do you think it'd be ok? Tacky? Awesome?

The wording would be something like, "We hope you can come meet 'baby' at an open house on August X between 11 and 3." 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birth announcements

• Options

I have to admit that I am very hard to offend, but I think that it's a super cute idea! It's not tacky, it's an open house/meet the baby party, and the "invitations" will have the guest of honor featured on them! I like it!

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think that sounds like a great idea!  That way you can control when everyone comes over.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like a good idea to me. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like a great idea - in fact I may swipe it from you Wink
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options

Great. I haven't seen anyone else do this, so I wasn't sure if there was anything tacky about it.

I've heard from other mom's that it's good to be able to control when people come over, so I'm hoping the open house will do that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    that is a great idea 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"