LGBT Parenting
Options

Baby shower(s)

Hi, I know it's a little early for us, but we are the middle of planning my sister's shower and I'm wondering what kind of showers you had. Of course, in a hetreo relationshop, the woman has the shower and the man might show up near the end of the gift opening. So, when you had your shower, were both of you there?

What about when SIL wants to throw a shower in DW's hometown- out west? (I'm terrified to travel during this pregnancy). I know my family will throw me/us a shower in Chicago.. so do we invite everyone.. even DWs side of friends and family? Or do we have 2 separate showers (where I might not even be at one)?

Re: Baby shower(s)

• Options
    Every same-sex baby shower I've been to has been in honor of both parents-to-be so both people attended and both sides of the families/friends were included. 
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    Every same-sex baby shower I've been to has been in honor of both parents-to-be so both people attended and both sides of the families/friends were included. 

this. we had three showers--one small one at my work and two friends/family, one here where we live for friends and local family, and another in my wife's hometown--and we were both at all three.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had one joint shower with friends/family and then each of our workplaces gave us our own shower during work hours.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we're having a family/friends one that DW sisters are planning- its a jack/jill, jill/jill, jack/jack shower- so more like a cookout than the traditional shower. we have too many gay male friends to have it just be the "girls" and also we dont want a traditional shower. My work is also planning one for us that they are doing a brunch and giving us all one giant gift card.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My firend is planning mine (the only one that I am having as far as I know) and we invited both of our families and both of our friends...however my DW is not stepping foot near the shower.  I guess we are kind of traditional in the fact that baby showers are not for "men" (Just a personal preference I suppose.  Every shower I have ever been to has been women only and I guess I think of that when I hear baby shower).  My DW is definately the more manly type (In fact when I was having trouble conceiving we contemplated her carrying the baby and to this day that thought sends us into tear producing laughter.) and steers away from anything girly: baby showers, bridal showers, women's clothing stores... This said if your DW is comfortable going to the shower have fun and enjoy! I just know if I made mine go she would be a downer the whole time and bored out of her mind!  Of course her family thinks she should be there because her brother and his wife are due in four weeks and HE went to  her shower...we are simply telling them she did not want to come as it would make her very uncomfortable but appreciates everything you are doing for the baby. 
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Every shower I have been to has both parents there and thats was both same sex and hetro.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"