Rhode Island Babies
Options

Skincare???

Hi ladies! I've never been on here before and I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet, but I've been reading articles on what is and isn't safe to eat, take, etc when pregnant and wanted to ask if anyone could tell me what facial cleansers are ok to use.  I have been having acne issues for the last few years and need something that will clear my sensitive, combination skin.  I did read of Belli's Acne Clearing Face Wash, but it is expensive and was hoping there are less expensive alternatives.  Thanks and congratulations to all of you! :)

I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!

Re: Skincare???

• Options

Honestly, I'd check with your OB about that. With my first pregnancy, I had been on Proactiv, and asked my doctor about it. She said that since there hadn't been any real studies on the safety of those (topical) medicated acne products and their possible affect on the baby, that she wouldn't use them.

You may find more advice on one of the trimester boards, or possibly even the Bump's Health & Exercise board. 

Also, you may find this article helpful -- https://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc

Good luck! :)  

• Options
    Thanks   :)
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"