Postpartum Depression
Options

question

When I had DS I didn't suffer from PPD afterwards and wasn't depressed before becoming pregnant with him. But that was 7 years ago and I'm concerned that my depression now, that I had before becoming pregnant will turn into PPD...I know my hormones being all over the place has made my depression even worse and DH is very concerned. I plan to talk to my dr tomorrow when we go but in the mean time did anyone suffer from depression before getting pregnant, and through their pregnancy?

Re: question

• Options
    my sister stayed on prozac before getting pg and all during her pregnancy. if you need meds there are a few kinds you can take the whole time - don't worry!
  • Options
    I've had a history of getting depression off and on and OCD.  I was symptom free for three years, then at the end of 3rd tri and now that I've had my baby I have really BAD OCD again and I think that makes me depressed.  I think that it can be exacerbated by pregnancy hormones and such.  It's good to talk to your doc now so they can have a heads up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"