Cincinnati Babies

Are any stool softeners safe during pregnancy?

I mean do I really need to add any more information?  You are smart girls, put two and two together yourselves.

Now someone tell me if I can take anything! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Are any stool softeners safe during pregnancy?

• YES! You can take colace or a generic of colace :) Eating grapes help a ton too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks Jen!  Grapes have always been my go-to cleanser if you know what I mean but they aren't getting the job done this time. I have eaten bushels of grapes. Mounds of them! All to no avail. I definitely need to pull out the big guns for this.  I will give the colace a try.  Thanks again!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink lots of water too. :) I've been partaking in the softner post delivery thanks to some delightful effects of pushing.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Also I tried the benfiber route and I wasn't crazy about it...esp after I found out drinking one whole glass of benefiber = 1 slice of whole wheat toast... I dont know about you but thats much more appetizing to me :). Colace works wonders but not for 24 hours unfortunately :/
  • I took the Kroger brand Colace in my third trimester and for a month post partum.

Also eating apples or drinking apple juice helped a lot. Lots and lots of fluids, I'm sure doesn't help the peeing frequency. LOL.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Colace was my candy during the last tri.  I drank gallons of water and ate lots of fruits and veggies, but did not escape that torture.  I will caution that Benefiber and Metamucil can cause gas and cramping, so use those sparingly.  They were lifesavers post partum though.  Colace will be your friend, but it will take a day or two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had some serious issues (a fissure, combined with other such things) early on and I took the Kroger brand of Miralax.

It worked wonders, and I haven't had to take it since (thank god!)

Hope you feel better!

• There is a Kroger Brand of oral stool softener that I take when I take my PNV. It helps alot! Keeps me regular. My doctor recommended it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"