Adoption
Options

hit a roadbump! foster/adopt

The birthparents had aggreed to relinguish their rights and our case worker was working with them to determine what type of adoption they wanted, they were leaning towards a closed adoption, but BF was wanting more of an open (they are not a married couple) so there were some issues. Well, he got all mad and requested a paternity test- which they did and guess what HE IS NOT THE FATHER!!

OMG! now they have no clue who the dad is, BM doesn't really know- she was a prostitute and was very active during the estimated time of conception. Our case worker is just in shock right now! I  have a great relationship with the so we thought BF- he was so nice- he wanted what was best for baby C- he called me today, we were both crying.

I have been crying all day- I have such a mixture of emotions, mostly that Baby C maybe will never know who her BF was,and also it breaks my heart to think that no one wants her but us. Serioulsy I cannot stop crying. I want to leave work and go get my baby and just cuddle her!

thanks for listening girls!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hit a roadbump! foster/adopt

• Options

oh no - sorry for that.  We also don't know who Lil j's father is.  2 men have been tested and a 3rd never showed up (3 times) to a court ordered DNA test.

In our state, they will basically terminate rights on all unknown fathers.  Since they have made an effort based on the names they were given - a newpaper ad is not needed.

If the mom has no idea who the father is (given her profession), they will probably do something similar to the termination of all unknown fathers.

Sorry for the roadblock :(

• Options
    Ugh.  I'm so sorry.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that the bio dad doesn't show up out of the woodwork.  It's rare, but happens every once in a blue moon.  I'm really sorry that this isn't going as smoothly as one would wish :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What a shocker!  Our BM didn't know who the father was either.  She suspected certain people and they sent them some kind of affadavit.  If the birth father doesn't come forward within 30 days of the birth by checking the paternity registry then he can't come forward later and say he wants the child.

I don't know how it is where you are, but I hope everything works out for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They will probably put a public announcement out saying "If you had sex with (insert BMs name) between these dates, you could possibly have a child" ... They've had to do that with our littlest, nothing came of it. If she was a prostitute, chances are good no one would come forward!

Good luck!

• Options
    We have a unknown BF also. BM gave a name and he would not knowledge even knowing BM so all unknown BF rights were TPR.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"