Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Hospital Bill 9 months later

So I got a $300 hospital bill last night from when I lost the girls 9 months ago.  I was so mad and angry and upset last night I can't believe I am just getting a bill.  I mean 9 months later that is ridiculous.

Has anyone else gotten bills this late?

Re: Hospital Bill 9 months later

• Options

Hospital billing systems are so stupid... I haven't gotten any that late, but I have gotten them out of order and all at random times seemingly.

ETA: Mine were all out of pocket, I didn't have insurance for the miscarriage.

In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • Options

I work in hospital billing, and it can take FOREVER for insurances to pay on claims, which in then allows the hospital to send a bill to the patient for the balance.

Sometimes there is a tug of war going on behind the scenes when hospitals are trying to get more money from insurances as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had DS it took almost 12 months for the pediatrician's office to send out our bill for his evaluation / circumcision in the hospital. When they sent it there was no description or date of service, so it was really confusing. I also think the pathology department took 6 months billing me for my first D&C.
    BFP #1: DS born 11/07 BFP #2: m/c @ 8w 5d d&c
  • Options

Geez! It seemed like with my D&C they couldnt get their bills out soon enough! I was bombarded with all of them the first few weeks... but then again I was a cash patient so maybe thats why.

I'm kinda hoping some places take longer to bill this time around (since I have insurance and whatnot) then it will be easier to get all of them paid without putting a strain on our living expenses.

I'm sorry that the bill was such a painful reminder tho. At least its not a really big bill

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Funny that you mentioned this--I just got a $300 bill from the hospital for my D&C this past August.  I remember getting a bunch of bills and paying them right after the D&C, but I stupidly just paid them and got rid of all the records because I couldn't deal with it.  Not sure where this new random bill came from 9 months later...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"