Michigan Babies
Options

Has anyone had a supportive VBAC OB doctor who delivered at Spectrum?

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

I had a c-section with my first child- it did not go well and it took a very long time and I had three uteran infections.  I do NOT want to go through it again!    Does anyone have a doctor who has been very supportive of their decision to do a VBAC?  It makes me scared, but I do NOT want to have another C-Section!  Did they take any precautions during your labor?  My first was delivered at Saints and I will not go back.  Any advice from anyone would be helpful and greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much! 

Re: Has anyone had a supportive VBAC OB doctor who delivered at Spectrum?

• Options
    Check out Dr. Lara Freeburger at OB GYN Infert!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! Did/do you have her, or anyone else reading this?  I had a terrible first delivery and need a new OB and would LOVE to have a succesfull VBAC!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you up for using a Midwife? The midwives at the Associates in OBGYN (above the Omlette Shop in downtown GR) are great! I've heard great things about their doctors too. Good luck, I'm hoping for a successful VBAC for you :)
  • Options
    I am also hoping to have a VBAC with my next pregnancy.  I see Dr. Leary with MMPC ob/gyn and she is all for it as long as all goes well with my next pregnancy.  She is wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekubes:
    Are you up for using a Midwife? The midwives at the Associates in OBGYN (above the Omlette Shop in downtown GR) are great! I've heard great things about their doctors too. Good luck, I'm hoping for a successful VBAC for you :)

I agree!  Plus the MWs there are affiliated with Dr. Freeburger and Dr. Anderson-Zyte.  I switched at 20 weeks from Dr. Anderson-Zyte to the MWs and haven't looked back.  It's not that I didn't like my OB, but the MWs are more nurturing and are very supportive of me trying a natural birth.  I'm not sure how they feel about VBACs, but you have the option to deliver at Spectrum Butterworth (downtown) and if something goes wrong, you're in the best hospital possible.  I haven't had my baby yet, but my friend had to have a c-section last november after laboring for 18 hours and she had a great experience and healed really well and quickly from her c-section.

HTH!  

• Options
    imagedesigner_wifey:

I agree!  Plus the MWs there are affiliated with Dr. Freeburger and Dr. Anderson-Zyte. 

Ditto this. :)
  • Options

Dr. Rinzler

MMPC East Beltline

MMPC (OB/GYN) - E Beltline
      4829 East Beltline NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49525

• Options
    I am in the very early stages of pregnancy and need to find an OB/GYN who I can trust--I saw Rinzler's name on a couple of different sites.  What do you think of her?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"