Health & Exercise
Options

Skin health / flat belly - best diet & exercise tips for post partum?

Hello all,

I have the lofty goal of reclaiming my body after having twins. I was already 20-25 lbs over my "goal" weight when I got pg, and I am now probably 65 lbs over it. Knock on wood - my skin is holding up so far - few stretch marks. Since the baby factory is closed after these 2 LOs, I am planning a diet and exercise regimen for after they arrive.

Anyone with success stories and tips on diet and exercise strategies to get rid of the flabby belly, along with keeping the skin looking lovely? I already plan to drink lots of water, try to cut out excess sugar, and stick to brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc. for carbs.

Re: Skin health / flat belly - best diet & exercise tips for post partum?

• Options

What worked for me--when running 3-4x a week didn't--was to start "eating clean." In fact, I created an entire blog about it, to explain to people what it means, what I eat, and how amazing it's been for me. I even included before/after pictures (look in November '09). It sounds like your postpartum plans are already somewhat in line with the principles of the lifestyle. Link in my sig!

• Options

I highly suggest The Game On Diet.   It is more of a lifestyle change, so I think that is why it is working so well for me.  You can do it by yourself or you can get a group of people together to play against each other.  That is what is so fun about it.  Rules are eating 5 portioned controlled meals a day, exercise for 20 minutes every day, drink 3 liters of water/day, adopt a good habit and get rid of a bad one.  There is more info on www.thegameondiet.com.  The book is written by one of the writers for Grey's Anatomy so it is an easy read.  3 days in and I already could feel the difference.  I dont need caffeine and if I eat "crap" on my day off I am completely sluggish by the afternoon.  I am only 2 weeks in and have already learned a lot about myself and I am already down 7 pounds! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    These are great tips ! I 'm 4 weeks PP and looking for ways to get in shape and drop the 35 pds I gained with this pg !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"