3rd Trimester
Options

didn't feel baby move all day

so I am half way through 27th week and haven't felt baby move all day....is this normal or should I go to doc? my dr. hasn't said much about when I start counting kicks.

Re: didn't feel baby move all day

• Options

i had a little freak out about our baby not moving a lot just today. i'm farther along, but when i talked to my doctor's office, they said to drink something cold and carbonated (i went with Sprite) and to lay on my left side. That got our little one moving.

If you're worried, please call your doctor's office- they'll know best!

image Mommy to Anna Grace, born 4/25/2010 Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I believe I remember a PP saying that their Dr told them that there is some kind of growth spurt right before 30wks and LO might not move as much.

I really don't know tho. Always best to check w/ your own Dr.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

www.countthekicks.org

Says to start at 28 weeks.

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options

When I question how long its been since LO has moved, I drink some cold OJ and lay down and he usually starts kicking all over the place. If that doesnt work though I and you havnt felt LO all day, I would probably call and ask about it.

• Options

I had almost 4 days of hardly any movement about a week ago.

I did a kick count and was able to get 10 in about 2 hours, so I didn't worry too much.

On the 5th day, he was going CRAZY.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    Babies have lazy days like we do.  Some days you may not feel much and the next day your baby could be a little ninja.  Try laying on your left side, drink something cold, and see if that helps.  If it's still going on tomorrow it doesn't hurt to call your doctor to just double check...  That's what they are there for.  :)
  • Options
    I don't think I felt LO move everyday when I was at 27 weeks. I think kick counts start after 28 weeks.  Did you try drinking some ice cold water and lying on your left side? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

thanks guys...I drank some apple juice and it seems that I might have felt a swish or two.

I get so nervous now about everything (1st baby) 

It seems like this final time is as scary as the beginning.

Thanks again.

• Options

With my both pregnancies, I told by OB that everytime u have a phase of not feeling the baby.....try to drink some orange juice or eat or drink something sweet and lay down quietly....if still within one hr u don't feel the baby...call them....

Also, I would definitely call them and give them a visit if needed, just to get it checked. Its always good to be safe. GL.

• Options

Drink super cold water, have orange juice or some grapes and lay on your left side. Our baby took a day off a week and then grew like a weed. She didn't become consistent until her 29th week. Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"