Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Lovies

Anyone's LO not have a lovie or special sleeping object? DD hasn't taken to anything but her binky. Is it bad that she doesn't have an attachment object? she didn't STTN till 10.5 months and is waking again. She is trying to take steps and has two top teeth coming. Thoughts??

Re: Lovies

• Options
    It was penguins for a while (DD is obsessed w/ penguins) and now it's her minnie mouse and donald duck. She will not sleep w/ out them. Does your LO have a plush toy she loves?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, DD doesn't care for any one thing more than another. We put her in her crib with 3 small stuffed animals and a book. When I go back to her room, she is always reading the book! Never holding the animals or anything!
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not any one in particular. she has a bunch in a bin but doesn't prefer one  and doesn't play or cuddle them for very long
  • Options

DS sort of goes from one to another.  I just read a paper on Winnicot for school/work on transitional objects (i.e. lovies).  The theory is that they help children gain more independence from their parents, and the need for them usually peaks around 2.5 years. 

• Options
    Not a specific one.  He has 3 blankets he likes - they are all they same texture - fuzzy - but he doesn't prefer one over the other.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are trying to get her to use one, give it to her at other times rather than just for sleeping. DS has had one since about 6 months or so (don't remember exact age). We just started putting it in his crib and also had him hold it through out the day or when he needed comfort.
  • Options

Nope - kiddo has never taken to a lovey and has never had a paci.  He's recently developed a fascination with the tags on his shirts though if that counts ;-)

Or maybe I'm his lovey - he seems to like me a lot ;-)

• Options
    DS loves his paci which unfortunately for him we are taking away next month. Next in line is his blanket. He has to take it in the car with him! I hope this takes the place of the paci.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"