Postpartum Depression
Options

Depression too?

I have always thought I just had a bad case of anxiety or something, but over the past few days I am thinking it is also depression.  I don't look forward to anything and and always nervous.  I really have no emotion about anything.  I am just making it through the days.  I feel detached and unfocused much of the time and can't even really watch tv because I can't concentrate and my mind is preoccupied or just not able to get into watching tv or reading, or even socializing with friends.  I have no appetite and just feel blah, checked out, and in a funk.We are selling our house and buying a new one, but I don't even care.  I don't even care about looking for paint colors or furniture or anything to do with it.

I have started lexapro twice for one day, but decided today to take it and stick with it this time. I have no choice.  Anyone else feeling this way?  Does it get better? 

Re: Depression too?

• Options

you definitely wont get any positive effects unless you take your meds routinely! They have to "build up" in your system as well so you probably wont feel better right a way. Keep taking them!

Anxiety and depression are two sides of the same coin. They are 2 ways that you respond to the same chemical issue in your brain. You either "freak out" or shut down. You typically take the same meds for either issue.

GL!

• Options
    Lexapro takes two weeks to build up in your system. You need to give them a chance to work, not just take them for one day and quit.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"