Texas Babies

Hospital Review-Stone Oak Methodist

Hi Everyone!

My doctor delivers at the Stone Oak Methodist Hospital, has anyone delivered there?  I'd love to hear about experiances good and bad. 

Thanks! 

Re: Hospital Review-Stone Oak Methodist

• My friend didn't deliver there but about 2 weeks after delivery she had to go there for an emergency and the staff, she said, was great. My own experience wasn't as great...I went there for an emergency of my own and sat there for over 7 hours waiting to be seen. I've no experience with any part of the hospital but the emergency room. Hope others have better experience.
  • Who is your OB? I meet my Ob for the 1st time tmrw and she delivers there too. We just moved here, so interested in the responses you get...
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr. Michelle Harden at Stone Oak Womans Center.  I have one friend who delivered there and she loved it she said it was like being at a spa which coming from her I take really well (she's a labor and delivery nurse at another hospital).  But really she is the only one I know or heard of so I figured I would ask on here. 
  • Have you met dr. harden yet? Did you like her?

I am a L&D RN too, was for 4 yrs down in Corpus but am not working up here yet. 

• I haven't met her yet, I meet her on Weds.  I had an GYN that was good as a GYN but as an OB very insensitive, so I found another.  Dr, Harden came recommended and impressed by her bio.  Plus, I know this is no reason to pick a doc but I love thier website so user friendly and so much information right at my fingertips.  Who is your doc?

Are you going to start working here? 

• I am seeing Dr. Michelle Harden as well, I meet her tomorrow at 11. I will start Women's Health Nurse Practitioner school in June. Stone Oak Methodist wasn't hiring L&D RNs for dayshift right now. they are a very small unit- 9 labor beds.
  • You are too! Well good luck to both of us!  Have you toured yet?  I'm doin a "peek-a-boo" tour of the hospital on the 24th.  I toured during a Chamber grand opening over a year ago but it was an overall tour not specifically to Labor & Delivery.

Have you tried Northeast Babtist?  I have a friend who was hired right out of school into day shift.  I'm not sure if they are hiring but she like's it there. 

• My DH and I were at Stone Oak methodist in the ER and they were very nice and quick.

We have had some not so great experiences at NCentral Baptist. His endocrinologist said he couldn't wait until Stone Oak opened to give them a run for their money.

We however will deliver at NE Baptist but haven't seen our OB yet so it might change.

• imageSAfirefightersgirl:

You are too! Well good luck to both of us!  Have you toured yet?  I'm doin a "peek-a-boo" tour of the hospital on the 24th.  I toured during a Chamber grand opening over a year ago but it was an overall tour not specifically to Labor & Delivery.

Have you tried Northeast Babtist?  I have a friend who was hired right out of school into day shift.  I'm not sure if they are hiring but she like's it there. 

Tell me more about the tour...who do I contact etc? I havent done a tour yet.

I did look into NE baptist and they didnt have anything full time at the time. 

• i haven't been hearing the best stuff about dr. harden. i am nervous about my appointment and already looking for a new one.
  • I may be wrong but I think I go to church with Dr. Harden. I can't remember for certain...mommy brain...but she is a bit silly if that is who I think about. However - and this is not having anything to do with her work - she is very giving. She started a special program for feeding the homeless here in SA. She is a real humanitarian, if this is the same person. :)
  • About the tour I just called the hospital and asked to tour the womens center they transferred me to the appropriate person.  Apparently it is a group tour because she told be to wait by the front information desk with the group.

You haven't heard good stuff, oh no!  Well can you let me know how your appointment goes. 

• I always heard great things and was hoping my doctor would deliver there. I heard it was spa like...kind of like a previous post on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"