Minnesota Babies
Options

Regions hospital?

Has any had any experience delivering at Regions hospital? This is the hospital I will be delivering at and just want to hear some input!

Also, does anyone know their c-section rate?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer

Re: Regions hospital?

• Options
    I delivered my baby at Regions and loved it!  My nurse during delivery was amazing!  I also had wonderful nurses during my stay.  The recovery room was a bit small and the cot for DH was squeaky and uncomfortable but we survived. 
    BFP#1: 9.16.08 DD: 5.28.09
    BFP#2: 7.10.11 MMC: 8.3.11 D&C: 8.29.11
    BFP#3: 12.5.11 MC: 12.22.11
    BFP#4: 2.14.12 MMC: 3.8.12 D&C: 3.13.12 Loss due to Trisomy 16
    BFP#5: 6.11.12 MC: 6.28.12 Loss due to Triploidy
    RPL BW, Sonohystogram, Chromosome testing on DH and myself = everything is normal
    BFP#6: 12.4.12 EDD: 8.16.13
    Things I did different with this pregnancy:
    1. Waited TTC until after I had 3 normal menstrual cycles.
    2. Got a new OB - amazing man who listened!
    3. 200 mg progesterone until 12 weeks
    4. Daily lovenox injections
  • Options
    We delivered there in July and loved it, the Midwife and nursing staff were awesome, and everyone was very friendly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered there in February.  My L & D nurses were amazing and the doctor and her residents were great.  Everything went really smooth once we upstairs too.  I agree w/ pp, the cot for DH was the only bad thing about the stay. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options

Regions' c/s rate was 20.6% last year. 

I delivered DD there in July of 08. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. I work there, and I will not go back for baby #2 when that time comes. My nurse in L&D was cold, uncaring, mean and flat out rude. I still believe that had I had a better nurse, I may have been able to avoid a c/s. She made me feel inadequate, and terrified my husband into thinking our child was going to die if I didn't get her out "right now". (She never once showed any signs of distress).

Post partum was AWESOME though. The nurses up there were fantastic.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Delivered there in January 09 and will again in July. LOVED IT, and wouldn't go anywhere else. I travel up from Apple Valley, even though there is a hosptal right down the road. I've had many friends and family members go to Regions for various things, and all have had great experiences.

I went in knowing I was having a c/s (breech). I ended up going into labor early, so I had a short experience with L&D there. All of the nurses and the OB I saw in L&D were great. The surgical staff was amazing and very comforting. And, the post-partum nurses we had during our stay were all great. I would definitley recommend Regions from my experience.

Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    I delivered there in september and was very happy with my experience.  I ended up with a c-section, but despite that I still had a great experience.  All the staff I met was wonderful, and their lactation consultant program is great.  Make sure you request a mobile monitor, not every room has them.
  • Options
    My hair stylist delivered there with #1 and wanted to switch for #2. However she would have had to switch OBs so she didn't. She didn't seem thrilled with Regions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"