Success after IF

Birth story- 24 hrs, fetal macrosomia, no inductn, epi+pit

I was 90% effaced and 2 cm dilated at last doctor's appointment on Tuesday (40w1d). 3 days later, my water broke at 2 a.m. on Friday morning. Contractions started shortly thereafter, and I started to labor at home.

When contractions were 3 min apart, we headed over to the hospital and checked in at 10 a.m. I was 90% effaced and 4 cm dilated! However, by 4 p.m., I'd been in labor for 14 hours trying natural labor techniques, and did not make much progress-- only 90% effaced and 6 cm dilated. I knew there was still a long road ahead of me, and the pain was increasing beyond my tolerance level. I was also exhausted from lack of sleep and from walking the hallways. I opted for an Epidural at that point, and 2 hours later, since labor wasn't progressing still, they started a Pitocin drip.

I then spend another 10 hours on Epi+Pit. 22 hours after my water broke, I was finally ready! (100% effaced and 10 cm dilated). But due to an emergency C-section for someone else, my OB told me to "not push if I could help it" so despite feeling the pressure, I had to hold off!

24 hours after going into labor, after 45 minutes of active labor, Erika Meilin was delivered vaginally at 2 a.m. on Saturday morning. Excessive bleeding and blood clots in uterus delay my transfer to maternity ward.

30 hours after going into labor, I was finally transferred to maternity ward and reunited with Erika (40w5d). She weighed in at 9 lbs. 8 oz. (fetal macrosomia but not GD-- she's just big!), and measured 21 inches long. Some of the nurses looked downright shocked that such a large baby was not a C-section and that my OB had opted to let me go past my due date and not induce!

After so many years of waiting and trying, she is everything I wished for and more, and some days I look at her and just cry tears of joy for all this beautiful blessing I've been given.

Photo immediately after birth:

Photo at 5 days old:

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Birth story- 24 hrs, fetal macrosomia, no inductn, epi+pit

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"