Birth Stories
Options

Fast baby #2--Made it to L&D with 4 minutes to spare!

So baby #2 came much faster than baby #1.  Walked in L&D at 4:06 am and baby was out by 4:10!  My husband nearly picked up a new profession on the way to the hospital.  Labor was only 5 hours long as opposed to 13 with baby #1.  Ended up with an unintended second natural delivery, but the good news was that it hurt a lot less than last time (although it still hurt like a mother!) and was fast.

When my contractions started, they seemed just like last time, and I worked through them at home until they reached the point when my OB told me to call--when the contractions took my "breath away."  Problem was that this time, when I reached that point, I must have been in the transitional stage of labor.  

When I got in the car, my contractions were right on top of each other.  When we finally made it to L&D, I felt I had to poop as soon as I stepped foot in my room.  I didn't realize this, but apparently this urge feels the same as the need to push the baby out.  I went to the toilet to try to poop and could feel the baby's head coming down instead.  I actually was trying to hold her in with my hand so I could poop!

Finally a nurse came and understood what was going on immediately.  Got me on the bed and in TWO more pushes, she was out!

I was really hoping for pain meds this time around because baby #1's delivery was difficult, but I can't complain.  Last time I didn't feel like I was going to make it through labor, and I didn't get that feeling this time.  So for those of you debating whether to go med-free, consider holding off until baby #2... 

Re: Fast baby #2--Made it to L&D with 4 minutes to spare!

• Options
    wow!  i'm both afraid of and hoping for a story like that!  congrats!
  • Options
    Sounds like you were born to birth! Way to go and congrats. Hey, you for got to tell us about the baby;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!! My baby #3 was like that! From first contraction to him in my arms was exactly 41 minutes!
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options
    Great story!  The fact that you were trying to hold her in so you could poop cracked me up!  I hope when I have DC#2 it happens that fast.  Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

But your post and the responses are kind of scaring me.  I was only in labor with DS for 12 hours, and made it to the hospital at 9 cm.  The hospital is 45 minutes away, and DH is terrified that we aren't going to make it with this LO.  Eek!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"