Canada Babies

xp: ? about daycares

I've been living for two years in a small town so I don't know everything yet about how things work in Canada, more when every province has its own "rules".

The things that I would like to register DD in this new Daycare that will open soon and it is very close to my house. They will accept children starting six months, which is great because I could go back to work sooner (money is needed). But a friend told me that, according to the Alberta's legislation, daycares won't accept children below 12 months.

So is this daycare against the law or does my friend has to get better information?

TIA

Re: xp: ? about daycares

• Maybew you could google the alberta daycare act?  I know that in Ontario, they can be any age, but a lot of places don't accept them until they are a year.  My friend is sending her 6 month old to daycare...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is it an in home daycare or a daycare center? That could make a difference. I know here (ON) some daycare's won't take them younger than 18 months (like our local YMCA) but others will take them as young as 3 months.

In home daycare's may take them younger if the legistlation in AB says they can't go until they are 12 months (although I can't imagine that being the case).

You can check to see if the new center is licensed too. That is one way to know that they are on the up and up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"