2nd Trimester
Options

Question about aerosol hairspray?

I have changed all my beauty products from shampoo, lotion, hair gel, and even stopped using nail polish all together... However I kind of didn't really think about my aerosol hairspray or my liquid foundation.  I was just reading about phtalates and fetal development/ defects from products containing this and other chemicals.  Ladies what is your take on this?  It makes sense to me so I am trashing them both...but I can't help but feel like me using my hairspray and foundation has hurt my baby and it's freaking me out a bit....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about aerosol hairspray?

• Options

Honestly, in my opinion there are soooo many different things they tell you could "potentially harm your baby" that if you listen to every single one you are going to make yourself crazy.

Some of them just don't make sense, so I wouldn't worry yourself so much, you LO is going to be just fine! :) 

• Options

... I use the same stuff as always, including hairspray. I don't see why it should be a problem...

Then again, I'm the "Our ancestors ate raw meat and drank unpasteurized milk and prenatals didn't exist and we still survived" type... I'm sure your baby is fine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oooh girl, take a deep breath! I'm sure your baby is fine. I only use my aerosol hairspray in a very well ventilated area, and I make sure not to use more than a quick squirt or two. As long as you're not going crazy with it, you can stop worrying!

ETA: If you're worried about your foundation, try a mineral makeup like Bare Minerals. Yes

• Options
    I say no worries, I say this with painted toenails....
  • Options
    Thank you, your responses make me feel much better! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    when will the madness end? is there nothing safe for baby? i just learned today the nice and clean smell of new carpeting is actually the carpet releasing toxins! and i should get my new carpeting at least one month before baby gets here so it can air out and not choke her to death! holy $hit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"