LGBT Parenting
Options

ten things.

okay, I know that TTT is usually done on tuesdays and on the SSH board. but since I can't get to there from here Crying and I don't remember seeing one come through on my reader (yes, I'm a dork and I follow the boards on my reader), and it's been slow and...well, Thursday starts with T, too...so I thought I'd post mine here:

1. it is hot (80+!) but so nice out. I just want to go home and play outside.

2. we've started the baby on solids. I have a whole long crazy "aaah!" post on my blog about it, but I'll let you go there to read up if you're really interested.

3. we're hoping to take him on his first trip to the zoo this weekend! it's supposed to be nice weather, although we're getting storms coming through tomorrow that will cool things down a little. I'm okay with that.

4. I'm seriously considering buying a zoo membership. I looked at admission and parking prices--both of which are free with membership--and the cost of the membership if we only go 3 times we'll have already made it worthwhile, and if we get a premium family membership we could add our sisters on as well for only a little bit more (my parents already have a grandparents membership). I'm thinking it would be worth it. we're literally about a 10 minute drive away.

5. I would like some ice cream. did I mention it's hot here?

6. we've got a bunch of overgrown plants and weeds along the side of our house. it looks terrible and I really want to tear them out and plant some berries there (bluberries and raspberries, mostly, and maybe some others). I'd love to be able to have a little garden, too, but I'm not sure where we'd put it. maybe on that side of the house, too?

7. my wife's softball season starts on sunday. we had no idea until the coach called on tuesday saying she had shirts for us and when the first game was. this is a rec team that very rarely practices so that part isn't unusual, but it took us both by surprise how soon it's coming up.

8. a coworker of mine has chickens and sometimes she brings in eggs. I got a dozen from her yesterday, so I'm trying to think of something yummy to make tonight. maybe we'll just have omlettes for dinner!

9. we bought a new grill yesterday. our old one was so bad, the burner had rusted out on one end. dangerous. so, we upgraded. I can't wait to use it. my wife bought steaks for me for my birthday that we haven't had yet. maybe we can take them out of the freezer and have them for dinner this weekend...

10. why do like half of my things have something to do with food? I'm not hungry, really.

Re: ten things.

• Options
    1. I am at work a lot longer than I like.
    2. The closer my Geneva trip comes up the more sad I get.
    3. Something was bothering our baby girl last night, so much so that she would only sleep (and not cry) if I held her very close to my body.
    4. I miss my dog wanting to be in the house.
    5. We got shafted on plumbing repair yesterday.
    6. I need a haircut so bad that I am miserable.
    7. I wore a suit for nothing to work today.
    8. I am glad tomorrow is casual Friday.
    9. I miss my Mom already and she is not even gone yet.
    10. What I would do to just be able to sleep 5 hours in bed with my DW.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"