Pennsylvania Babies

hello and bringing home baby

Hello -- most of you I recognize from the Central PA board from years ago. 

I'm Angela and I'm 29 weeks pregnant.   All was great until 22 weeks when I found out my cervix was short.   I was in the hospital on three occassions, now am on my 8th week of strict bedrest.    It is going well, I am doing everything I can to let my little boy bake as long as possible. 

Finally - my question - since my cervix is so dynamic, and I could deliver at ant time, I am trying to prepare.  What outfit did you decide to bring your baby home in?   I am stressing over this, not sure why.    I just want to find the perfect outfit!! 

Thank you for your help!

Re: hello and bringing home baby

• I remember you.  Congrats on your pregnancy.  Not very babyish but we brought our DS home in a Dallas Cowboys romper.  I didn't really care all that much and DH wouldn't have had it any other way.  We also got his hospital pictures taken in one. 

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.  I have a bunch of magazines I could drop off at your house if you're interested and need something to keep you busy. I also have a lot of DVDs if you want to borrow any. I was on bedrest at home for 6 1/2 weeks (and DH worked from home then) so I know how quickly you can go through a lot of "keeping busy material"

• Congratulations!  I would obsess over things all the time when I was pregnant :D 

We had planned the CUTEST babyGap outfit for him to come home in - turns out 0-3 didn't fit.  He came home in the dog version of this, in NB - and wore them exclusively for the next 5 weeks!

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! Sorry to hear about your cervix and the bed rest:( Hope he keep cooking for lots and lots longer for you!

Outfits for coming home -

Mia's was a sleeper and not a smart choice - we couldn't really buckle her in very wellBig Smile

• So good to hear from you!! I am sorry you are on bed rest and good luck with the upcoming delivery.

I knew I was having a bigger baby so I didn?t have very many newborn clothes. That was a mistake on my part because even at 8 pounds 11 ounces the 3 month stuff was big on him.  I just picked out my favorite newborn outfit, which happened to be from my sister. We actually had more visitors the second day in the hospital than we did when we took him home. So he had more pictures and more people seeing him when he was in the hospital. DH really liked these Michael Jordan onesies he bought for him so he wore those in the hospital. He wore a white polo onesie and little soft blue dress type pants to come home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Angela!  The 0-3 month knit outfit I wanted Ethan to wear was too big (so I had him wear it for  photos at 3 and 6 weeks).  We chose a teenie, tiny, striped footed sleeper from Children's Place.  It was for newborn, up to 7lbs and was PERFECT.  He had extra room in it even though he was 6.5lbs.  I have it hanging in his room and love that it resembles how small he once was.  Good luck choosing something!
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't really have an outfit planned for Addy, but as you know she was a preemie (2 lbs. 14 oz) so even if I had it wouldn't have fit her.  Anyway, her Aunts got her really cute preemie outfits from BabyGap and she wore a solid pink one home.  That is also what we had her hospital pics taken in which were taken on the day she was discharged from the hospital.  I don't think you are delivering at Holy Spirit, but if you have any questions about the NICU (just in case, b/c we definitely want your baby boy to stay where it is nice and warm right now, but if you have any questions/concerns), please let me know. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.  Best wishes!
  • I don't have an answer to your question, but I am so excited that you are pregnant. I had no idea!  I wish you a smooth and easy delivery!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Thank you all for your replies!!   I'm sure when the time comes - he will be well dressed to come home!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"