Infertility
Options

lupron - redness & swelling

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question...

For IVF #1 towards the end of my time taking lupron I had some redness and swelling at the injection site. This time around it's started much earlier (day 3 of lupron), and it's really annoying. Is there anything I can do to minimize it? I get a good size bump at the injection side and redness all around the injection area. It stays around for a few hours and then disappears. Is it something to be concerned about if it gets worse? TIA!

Re: lupron - redness & swelling

• Options

This happens to me everytime I inject lupron, burning, redness and raised welts at injection site.

One thing that helped me was icing prior to shot.  It still happened but went away much quicker.

GL

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

Thanks! I'll definitely try icing the area beforehand. I guess it's just one more reason to love lupron...

GL in your 2ww!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last night was my first lupron shot, and I had a small raised bump (kind of like a mosquito bite) and a little bit of redness around the injection site. After about an hour it subsided, and today I can't even tell where I gave myself the shot.
  • Options
    Great (that's sarcasm).  I get to start Lupron tonight for the first time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagenjohnson1972:

Don't worry...it's really not that bad. Although, I'm not looking forward to the s/e's I've been hearing about! GL!!

• Options
    imageMrsVicki:

imagenjohnson1972:

Don't worry...it's really not that bad. Although, I'm not looking forward to the s/e's I've been hearing about! GL!!

Actually, I am quite excited.  I was giggling this morning about getting to start the injections tonight.  I hate feeling like I am just sitting on the side lines - not actively trying to make a baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenjohnson1972:

Actually, I am quite excited.  I was giggling this morning about getting to start the injections tonight.  I hate feeling like I am just sitting on the side lines - not actively trying to make a baby.

I know what you mean. Starting the Lupron has made it feel like I'm actually doing something now! I have been on the pill for 30 days so far, and it just felt like I was totally doing nothing! Thankfully I stop the pill on Saturday - good riddance!

• Options

imagenjohnson1972:

GL starting lupron! The good news is that other than the swelling and redness at the injection site, I really haven't experienced any of the other typical lupron side effects (headaches, hot flashes), so hopefully you'll get away easy too!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"