Minnesota Babies
Options

XP - Do you think a 1 yr old would do ok at target field?

This is a repost from the nest I would love to take Aiden to his first Twins game on his first birthday (oh cute I know) Chris thinks it would be a bad idea & we should just leave Aiden with Grandma and enjoy the day baby free (we would go a different day not on his birthday).  What do you think? we would take the lightrail down there & I would "wear" him as I know we can't bring a stroller in.

Re: XP - Do you think a 1 yr old would do ok at target field?

• Options

If you really want to watch the game and enjoy it as an adult, don't bring him.

If you want him to experience a game, there is really a lot more for him to see than there was at the dome so he'd definitely have a good time. It would be more for him though than you. You'll probably be a lot better off if you can hit a 3pm game - get a nap in beforehand or on the way and show up just in time for the game. Or there are a couple 6pm starts that would allow for a little later nap then time at the stadium to walk around before the game.

We took SS a few times when he was a toddler and without fail, we'd end up leaving early. However with our parenting time schedule we didn't have a lot of flexibility to plan an afternoon game so it was always a night game. Last year with DD1 as a non-walking baby was a breeze. Before she was crawling mobile was even better. Most of the time I'd just nurse her if she ended up getting a little fussy and she'd semi fall asleep. We clearly had quite the bout of amnesia regarding SS's toddler games (or weren't thinking about DD1 being a busy body toddler) when we decided to get 4 seats so we could all go together. And we didn't know DD2 would be here when we selected our seats either.

During a DD1 semi-meltdown toward the end of the 2nd exhibition game, we overheard someone 2 rows behind us say "why would you want to waste all that money to bring a crying kid to a game?" So we've discussed multiple times over the week because I think we were starting to question our own sanity too. When we bought 4 seats, we knew that it wouldn't be all of us for every game, but we wanted all of us to be able to go sometimes too. Now that we've taken DD1 to the opener, I'm not sure we'll be taking her to many more. We will take her to some though because there's only so much time that all 5 of us get to spend together so I don't want to leave her home all the time.

FYI - you can bring strollers in, but if it isn't an umbrella stroller it is kind of a PITA. Strollers can be "checked" at Guest Services. An umbrella stroller will fold up and fit under the seats. If he's cool with being worn though, that is definitely the easiest way to go.

And if you don't have a ticket connection, send me a PM. Front row seats are the main thing that has saved my sanity with DD1. She can walk around a bit without falling into the heads of people in front of us and we've only had one item go over the railing in 3 games so far.

imageimage
  • Options

wow thanks for that review I willl send you a pm soon 

I relooked at the time of the game & it's a 7pm start so I have a feeling we will have to hold off on that game & do for a noon or 3pm game (like you said) I am glad to hear I can bring my stroller because that might be easier. Aiden is also starting to walk so more room would be best 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The day after his birthday is a day game with noon start.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageNoBeautyQueen:
    The day after his birthday is a day game with noon start.

Oh that would be good but we have to make sure DH can get that day off  

• Options
    Hi!  We are moving there next month and have tix to see the Twins play in July - our LO will be 9 months and we are taking him.  It's an afternoon game, so no interfering w/ bedtime.  I figure if he gets cranky we can take a stroll around the cool new ballpark and check things out!  Anybody who is upset about a kid at a baseball game is crazy - I mean...really? 
  • Options

Very good point :)  

• Options

DD would have been all over...up and down the stairs, down the aisles and not wanting to sit.

• Options

Ok, I don't know about the field since we haven't been to a game yet.  But we did take Elliot to a Twins game at the Metro Dome when he was about 5 months old.  He did great.  It was pretty loud, but he only got upset once from the noise.  And I imagine that noise will be a lot less with an open air stadium.

I think the hardest thing would be having him sit for that long.  But you know Aiden and what he can handle.  I think that's the most important.  I wouldn't bring him if you are both serious about watching the game.  We'll probably bring Elliot to a game this summer, but I also am not huge on baseball (the experience is fun, but I'm not crazy about the sport) so I dont' mind missing some of the game if he needs to run around for a little bit.

I would probably wear him before I brought a stroller.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Looks like you already got some great advice. We are taking DD to two 3pm Sunday games this year in June and July when she will be 10.5 and 11.5 months. She loves to people watch so I am hoping it goes well!
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"