Quad Cities Babies
Options

general questions

I noticed that not to many people talk on here but I was hoping that I could ask some questions. First, when do you start looking for daycare and does anyone know of any around the Andalusia area or close by? Second, when was everone's first doctors appointment? Mine is this friday and I will be 10 weeks and then I go next week for an exam and I should be 11 weeks. And third, when did you all start buying all the baby items that are needed like a crib and nursery items? This is my first baby..:) so I have a ton of questions. Also, I like to know that there are people from around my area that I can talk to!

Re: general questions

• Options

I would recommend starting looking into daycare late in your second tri (assuming you'll be back to work after 6 weeks.  if you are planning to stay home for a few months, you could probably wait a while to look).  I would give yourself as much time as you need to do all the research and have meetings.  Weigh the pros and cons of a center vs. in-home.

I had my first doctor's appointment around 9 weeks.  It was just a general meeting with the nurse to get health histories and they sent me to the lab for a blood pregnancy test.  We didn't see the doctor for the first appointment.  Once my pregnancy was confirmed, I didn't have another scheduled appointment until a month later.  (I say "scheduled" because I did see the doctor between those first two appointments for some spotting I was having.  Otherwise, I would have waited the month to go back.)

Aside from buying clothes here and there, we didn't really start buying baby things until the 3rd tri.  I think we had the crib and changer/dresser early in the 3rd tri but didn't actually put them together for a few weeks.  We weren't completely "ready" until about 38 weeks, I guess.  That's when we had all the stuff we wanted and quit buying things.

Don't be shy about asking questions.  I know the board is slow, but there are a few of us who check here daily/weekly.  Feel free to stop by more often.

We live in Davenport and have an 8 month old girl.  My husband also has an 8 year old son who lives with us full time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never knew this board exsited! Andalusia huh? I graduated from rockridge! Stick out tongue Are you looking for centers? in home? I know 1-2 people in milan (within rr district) that do in home (one being my mom! lol) and used to know one in andalusia who used to do it too. Not sure if she still does, but if you're interested in that route I can sure find out for you! Did I see in your siggy your due in nov? So you wouldn't nned anyone till probably around the 1st of the year?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I am so excited that some people replied so early on here. Tomorrow is my first appointment at 2:30! I do have prolly ten questions or so to ask at the appointment. Also, hterry, I also graduated from rockridge. I would be very interested in the two daycares that you may know about. Also, I would say I probably would not need anyone until at least the begining of the year. Thank you all for your great input and I will make it a point to come back to this board and check it out!
  • Options

Hi! I don't know any daycares near your area but wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Also, if you're into garage saling at all it's a great way to pick up clothes and baby gear that you don't mind not buying new. I was due last October and before we knew the sex I picked up sleepers in yellow and green and then neutral towels, washcloths, etc and then once we knew the sex we went crazy on buying clothes and little toys. I've never spent more than $1 on any piece of clothing and more than 25 cents on a bib, onesie, or washcloth. It really helps down the road because it's hard to spend so much money in the 3rd Tri if you don't get alot of the big things as gifts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"