South Florida Babies

Favorite Maternity Jeans!

Looks like I'll be buying some real soon!  None of my jeans fit me right now, and I don't like how they look w/ the bella band.  So, what was your favorite pair of maternity jeans?

I know Mari recommended to me the Motherhood Secret Belly Fit.  I tried on a pair at Kohls a couple of wks ago, but wasn't ready for them then.  

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Favorite Maternity Jeans!

• I love Gap (when they are on sale) and Target.  :)
  • Definitely the secret belly fit. I loved those later into my pregnancy. In the beginning, I used to wear the shorter band ones, but as I grew they got really uncomfortable. Pea in a Pod also has some nice "designer" mat jeans.
  • Loading the player...
  • Liz Lange @ Target are my favorite.
  • ditto the secret fit from Motherhood!! I lived in those all the way til the end. I got a pair of Black and Grey ones for work, and jeans for the weekend! they rocked!
  • I got my Gap maternity jeans from Goodwill, love them.  Other than that, I can't find ANY maternity pants (even at "real" stores) b/c they're all too short.  I'm 5'10" and even the longs at Motherhood Maternity are mediocre.  The rest of the stores don't seem to have any Longs.  Any suggestions?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageReiszsPieces:
    I got my Gap maternity jeans from Goodwill, love them.  Other than that, I can't find ANY maternity pants (even at "real" stores) b/c they're all too short.  I'm 5'10" and even the longs at Motherhood Maternity are mediocre.  The rest of the stores don't seem to have any Longs.  Any suggestions?

I've read on other boards that Gap has great Long lengths.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine were from Target and I liked them better than my regular jeans!
  • secret fit from Motherhood. This is going to sound SUPER weird and confusing but: the only thing that bothered me was that the band was so big (and I hated the small bands), but I would always fold it down anyway. Even when I got big towards the end, I would fold it down. But the bigger bands are softer than the smaller ones. As I write this I am literally nodding my head at my weirdness. Just wanted to give you my opinion though lol.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.ClariC:

secret fit from Motherhood. This is going to sound SUPER weird and confusing but: the only thing that bothered me was that the band was so big (and I hated the small bands), but I would always fold it down anyway. Even when I got big towards the end, I would fold it down. But the bigger bands are softer than the smaller ones. As I write this I am literally nodding my head at my weirdness. Just wanted to give you my opinion though lol.

the big soft band that goes all the way up is the one I love! I literally own every single secret fit pant, Jean, Capri & short that motherhood sold in 2008 & I've got them boxed away for next time. I tried target & other brands but everything that went under my belly was so uncomfortable for me!
  • I bought a pair at destination maternity with the secret belly fit.  They were so awesome!...expensive but so worth it!!!

I basically got a cute pair oj jean shorts, a jean skirt, a white skirt and a pair of jeans at Destination maternity.  Then I just mixed/matched with tops (I didn't buy maternity tops because I didn't like them..basically stuff from old navy, forever 21, etc).

I have to say the best fit for the big belly was that secret fit.  I got a pair of capris from Old Navy with the band that sits low and OMG that's so uncomfortable once the bump starts getting bigger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought Gap Maternity jeans and I LOVE them. Old Navy's are good too, but I prefer the panels vs. the no panel for comfort.
  • For right now concentrate on finding one or two pairs of jeans that look good, a pair or two of leggings, a few tunic tops and a few basic sundresses. You will see that what looks cute on you during the 2nd tri will look abolutely hideous by the 3rd tri and probably won't fit so great anymore, so its not worth spending too much on a whole maternity wardrobe or trendy maternity clothes..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"