the only cleaning product we use that could possibly be harmful if ingested is the toitet bowl cleaner. and it is kept above our pantry, so inaccessible. for me, it's just so that i don't have to worry about chemicals and, i find it really difficult to use really strong chemical cleaners. i personally get sick to my stomach if i use chemical surface sprays and the like. i use vinegar and water on pretty much everything. DH hates the smell, but i do the cleaning, so i decide what we use.
We use vinegar and water with the exception of a couple of products that are non-toxic, like Murphy's Oil or Method Wood Floor Cleaner for our hardwoods and Method Tub and Tile spray for our bathrooms (because I really, really like the smell, lol.)
I like that it's eco-friendly, I don't have to worry about DD being around when I clean, and I don't have to worry about DD and I being around chemicals and the fumes.