New Jersey Babies
Options

Laser Acupuncture

Hi ladies. I just have a question or two  for you.  I go to RMA (I love it) and i had my ER for IVF yesterday.  Prior to my ER they gave me some information about Laser Acupuncture---they give you laser acupuncture treatments before your ET and right after your ET.  Have any of you had Laser Acupuncture with IVF?  Did it work?  Did you enjoy it?  I just don't know what to do---go for it or not!  Any information or advice you have would be greatly appreciated.  Also any other tips to help ET? 

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Laser Acupuncture

• Options

:-) I was torn over whether or not to do it as well.. I ended up going for it.  I didn't really think that it would have an impact.. BUT I figured I'd be mad at myself if it didn't work and I hadnt' gotten the acupuncture :-P So it was worth the $200 (I think that's what it was...) just to feel like I did *everything* in my power to make it work ;-)

My cycle DID work.  I got twin girls out of it.  :)
    Of course, I have NO idea if it had anything to do with the acupuncture!  I can tell you about the experience though, so that you're not surprised.  Basically, before my transfer, I went into a exam room and the accupucture guy came in and basically just had a little laser pointer thing and he shined his little laser at a few different parts of my body.  I remember there being some emphasis on my ears. He said some stuff about "aligning meridians" and I was totally annoyed because it sounded like a bunch of nonsense to me and I kept thinking "uggh! $200 for this?".  I didnt' feel anything and it did not relax me.  I remember distinctly thinking "If this transfer doesn't work, I am NOT going to get this laser acupuncture again"

But.. then it worked.. and DH and I joke that it's ALL because of the laser acupuncture.

So.. if you have the $$ and it won't hurt you too much to pay for it.. and you think you're the sort of person who, if your transfer fails, will beat yourself up over NOT getting the acupuncture... then I'd say, it might be worth it to get it.  IVF is such a big thing and you've been through so much to get to this point.. you should do whatever makes you feel best, regarding the acupuncture! 

I, honestly, do not think that having that guy putting a laser pointer in my ears had anything to do with my transfer success.. but.. since the transfer worked, I don't regret anything.  :)   As far as other tips.. I don't know.. I was a nervous wreck after my transfer, waiting for my pg test.  I did everything that people advise you not to do. I ordered a bunch of HPTs from early-pregnancy-test.com or something and I peed on a stick every day.  First to see the positive test from the HCG shot.. then to see it go away... then, of course, testing every day hoping to see a positive.. then when I got a positive test.. I kept testing, terrified that it would go away :-P 
    I guess I'd advise that you try to relax better than I did! 

Good luck!!  Feel free to PM me if you need to talk for any reason :) I know it's going to be a stressful couple of days/weeks

• Options

I went to RMA also and I got the laser acupuncture!  It doesn't hurt at all and I usually don't believe in that stuff.  But I can actually say that it did relax me.  You start concentrating on the laser pointer thing and you don't stress so much over the procedure.  And I was totally freaking out about doing our transfer on 9/11.  But it all worked out because I'm expecting twins boys in three weeks.  If you have the money, just go for it....why not???  Good Luck!!!

Stacie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"