Maryland Babies
Options

XP: Mirena or ParaGard

Just got back from my 6 week pp appt and the OB suggested I think about trying either Mirena or ParaGard for BC.  I am not a good candidate for BC pills as I still have high BP.  We would also like to try for #2 sometime late next year and the OB said both of these could be taken out in the month prior to TTC.  Does anyone have any experiences you would be willing to share with either one, good or bad?  Side effects, cost, problems with it falling out?  TIA!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image

Re: XP: Mirena or ParaGard

• Options
    I had a ParaGard IUD in me for about a year.  My only complaint was it gives you more discharge, the color is more yellow and gives you a different odor.  This is all caused b/c of the copper in the IUD.  I had mine in for medical reasons so once I could get it out I did.  Not that it was terrible but I didn't like the side effects.  The cost was about 500.00 and I never had a problem with it coming out.  I never knew it was there and when I got it removed it wasn't that big of a deal.  Sorry if I gave you too much info ;)
  • Options

Don't have experience with either but check with your insurance to see how much they cover for it. Sometimes they will cover all or none and those things are not cheap :)

I had my 6 week PP yesterday and the high BP is still a concern for me as well. Must be something with us March mommies and high BP.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally agree.  Like I mentioned above mine was for medical reasons but if it wasn't I would have had to pay and it was around 500.00.  When I had it removed, I had to pay for that!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"