Birth Stories
Options

Birth story of my St. Patty's day baby

I went in for a scheduled NST at 40 weeks 1 day because my Dr. was concerned baby was getting to big. It was at 4:30 p.m. Everything looked great and babies heartrate was fantastic! The nurse commented that I was having contractions every 7 mins or so, although I didn't feel them ( I have 1 other child so I know what contractions feel like). So she decided to check me and I was 2 cm dilated which is what I had been for going on 2 weeks now. So she finished the NST and sent me off to my Doctors appt at 6 pm. He checked me in his office and I was already 4 cm dilated!! He told me this baby was going to be coming tonight, so stay close to the hospital( I live about 30 mins away). He stripped my membranes to help move it along. He said if I was in active labor already he would keep me, but seeing as I wasn't even feeling the contractions to just go home and relax!

I got home at 7:30 pm and decided to get everything ready just in case. My hubby went to bed to catch some extra sleep ( my labor with my son was 36 hours..and he was exhausted..so he was preparing for another long birth)

I laid on the couch all night and around 1 a.m I started having contractions. They were not painful at all, so I slept through them. I awoke at 4 a.m to a "pop" my water had broken!! I jumped up and got my hubby out of bed and called my mom to come watch our son who was fast asleep.

My contractions were then 2-3 mins apart and I was leaking alot of fluid! It was everywhere..lol We got to the hospital at 4:30 and I was already 6 cm dilated! The nurse said it was to late for a epidural because the anistiologist was in surgery and by the time  he got in here...baby would be born! I opted to not take drugs either...so I went au natural!!

I walked and paced around the room, not sitting down once! She checked me at 5:30 and I was 8 cm!  The contractions were intense!! I just rocked through them all with my amazing labor couch..my hubby!!

At 6:20 I felt the urge to push..it was intense!I jumped on the bed and they called the Dr. who was on another ward at that time. I started pushing and the Dr. walked in just in time to get her head! Then he screamed out of the room to another nurse to " call NICU NOW" and said somethiung about shoulders and 4 nurses came and pushed on my tummy as hard as they could and told me to put knees to shoulders and pushl like never before. I did...a big long 1 min push and then he yelled" cancel NICU". Apparently her shoulders were so large, they thought they woudl have to break her collarbone to get her out. Thankfully I pushed like a crazy lady and avoided having to break my daughters bone!!

1 more big push and my lovely daughter arrived! Team green turned team pink! It was amazing to see her FINALLY!!  She was 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long. After 6 hours and 6 mins of labor!! Amazing compared to my 36 hour labor with my son. She was born at 6:57 a.m ~ March 17th, 2010 We just adore her:)

Re: Birth story of my St. Patty's day baby

• Options
    Congrats! Your 2nd birth was much faster! I am hoping for that also! My 1st birth was 36 hours also! Glad you were able to push your daughter out without them breaking her collarbone.
  • Options
    Thanks! Yes it was soo much faster. With my son I had 2 failed epidurals/back labor and every drug in the book! It was hell. I was nervous for this labor, but it was completly opposite! With my son I also had a 4th degree episiotomy and this time I only had a tiny episiotomy that only required 5 stitches! I hope you have a good labor..good luck!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm envious of your short labor!
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh I'm so glad you found the strength to get her out! It breaks my heart to think of a baby's collarbone being broken!    She's beautiful! Congratulations! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"