Detroit Babies
Options

Providence Park Photography

Has anyone used the photography studio at Providence Park hospital in Novi?  I like the photos I've seen, but I've heard they're really expensive.

Re: Providence Park Photography

• Options

First ... I can't believe you are still pregnant! Amazing.

I didn't deliver at Providence Park, but they have a photographer/studio at Crittendon in Rochester. We're really happy we did it. The photographer was amazing (we called her the baby whisperer), and I think it's pretty cool we have professional photos from when our DD was 36 hours old.

We had two "poses" and paid about $250 for an 11 by 13, two 8 by 10s, four 5 by 7s and a bunch of wallets (maybe 18).

• Options
    I really do not know anything about it. ?But, I am pretty sure that is where I will be delivering. ?DH and I are going to have to talk about it because I'm pretty sure I want Emily Dowd to take newborn pictures for us and it wouldn't be worth it to pay for her and for hospital photos... hmm... Let me know what you decide!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if this helps much, but the company there that does the photography is called Genesis.  The L&D nurse that was teaching our birthing class told us to look them up online for more info, but I just haven't gotten a chance to do it yet.  We hired Emily Dowd, but DH wants to get them in the hospital as well (mostly because he didn't listen to me when I said I hired Emily Dowd!).  I've heard they are expensive, so we'll see.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options

That's the same company that was at Crittendon.

They did have several packages, so if you only wanted one photo, you could do that (at least they did two years ago). They get you at a very emotional time ... and you look at those photos and it's hard to say no. But if you are hiring your own photographer, you'll probably have more a selection.

My DD came early and I wasn't prepared for that let alone thinking about photos afterward, so this was easier. I can try to scan mine tonight and post them.

• Options

imageballerina06:
    I don't know if this helps much, but the company there that does the photography is called Genesis.  The L&D nurse that was teaching our birthing class told us to look them up online for more info, but I just haven't gotten a chance to do it yet.  We hired Emily Dowd, but DH wants to get them in the hospital as well (mostly because he didn't listen to me when I said I hired Emily Dowd!).  I've heard they are expensive, so we'll see.

Ugg. I wish DH would let me book a photographer now. He just isn't getting the whole need for professional pictures thing. He wants to wait and see how our personal pictures come out before spending the money. Boo!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That does sound a little pricey, comparable to what you might pay a photographer for a couple of hours and a disk of pictures.  However....there is that darn convenience factor.  I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get out of the house in the first four weeks or so.  This could be tricky!  Thanks for the responses.

• Options
    imageCER+MEL:

That does sound a little pricey, comparable to what you might pay a photographer for a couple of hours and a disk of pictures.  However....there is that darn convenience factor.  I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get out of the house in the first four weeks or so.  This could be tricky!  Thanks for the responses.

Just FYI, Emily Dowd comes to your house.  That was one of the huge appeals to me.  DH definitely likes the convenience factor of the hospital, so we may get the pics taken at the hospital as well, see how they come out, and maybe buy a couple of prints.  We'll see though.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    Good tip, Sheila!  Thanks.
  • Options
    There are photographers who will come to the hospital.  PM me for more info.
  • Options
    I just set something up with an old friend who is just getting a photography business going.  We haven't discussed location, but the price is very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"