Stay at Home Moms

Which Grocery Store Aisle Would This Be On?

Just some quick help - A recipe I'm making calls for barley.  I feel dumb saying this but I don't even know what barley looks like so I'm not sure where to find it in the grocery store... is anybody on to help?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which Grocery Store Aisle Would This Be On?

• Barley is a grain and it *SHOULD* be on the same aisle that you would find rice, beans, couscous, quinoa.  In our store, packaged Hamburger Helper and Mac 'n Cheese is also on this aisle.

Good luck!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• imageTobeMrs.Shavers:

Barley is a grain and it *SHOULD* be on the same aisle that you would find rice, beans, couscous, quinoa.  In our store, packaged Hamburger Helper and Mac 'n Cheese is also on this aisle.

Good luck!!!

Yup, this. It will be dry and in a bag if that helps.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, guys. :)
  • I've also bought in the bulk food section.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsRebecca:
    imageTobeMrs.Shavers:

Barley is a grain and it *SHOULD* be on the same aisle that you would find rice, beans, couscous, quinoa.  In our store, packaged Hamburger Helper and Mac 'n Cheese is also on this aisle.

Good luck!!!

Yup, this. It will be dry and in a bag if that helps.

Mine comes in a little box the size of a mac-n-cheese box. And has the Quaker guy on it.

- Jena
  • haha don't feel dumb Mama - I don't think I had ever bought barley until last year for some soup I was making. I mean, I had barley in soups before but never bought it or made it myself.

And, now over half of a bag still remains in the pantry. I should use it up. What recipe are you using?

• I hope you found it! :) In the grocery store I go to they have that, ww flour, quinoa, all those super healthy things in the same aisle as the vitamins and slim fast. lol I had to HUNT for quinoa.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Picked it up at Vons (same as Safeway) where the other bags of beans and stuff were. Thanks guys!
  • imagejacksjerseygirl:

haha don't feel dumb Mama - I don't think I had ever bought barley until last year for some soup I was making. I mean, I had barley in soups before but never bought it or made it myself.

And, now over half of a bag still remains in the pantry. I should use it up. What recipe are you using?

Just a vegetable beef soup recipe DH found online and wants to try.  It's diet-y, but if you're interested let me know and I'll tell you if it's any good. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"