Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Should I lie to Target & return a bottle?

I bought it yesterday after my Dr. said not to nurse M. She has absolutely refused it and I know I won't use another bottle until lo #2 arrives hopefully next year. SO, it's within Target's return policy dates, and I have the receipt. I'm thinking about telling them that it leaks and just straight return it.

Yay or nay?

Re: Should I lie to Target & return a bottle?

• If she's used it Nay. What if they put it back on the shelf, you know.
  • I don't see the need for the lie.  Just return it.

ETA: Oh wait - I just saw the part where she used it.  I wouldn't return a used bottle. 

• Loading the player...
  • They won't take it back if you tell them that it didn't work for your daughter?

If not, chalk one up for Walmart.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I say nay...was it that expensive?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejillianfries:
    If she's used it Nay. What if they put it back on the shelf, you know.

Well I would tell them that I used it, and that's it's defective (leaks). As a previous (college) employee of Target, they would defect it out with a red sticker and throw the bottle in the trash.

• imagekatie_cj@hotmail.com:
    I say nay...was it that expensive?

$9.

• I'm going to have to go with no on that one. You could put it back just in case (I know you don't want to think about that).
  • image*blondie*:

imagejillianfries:

Well I would tell them that I used it, and that's it's defective (leaks). As a previous (college) employee of Target, they would defect it out with a red sticker and throw the bottle in the trash.

But there's nothing wrong with it.  Why not just give it to someone you know who might use it?

• image*blondie*:

imagejillianfries:

Well... go for it then.

• Yay!
    BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)
  • Seriously?  You bought it, you USED, and it was not defective.  Just eat the $9 or save it for the future. 

• Save it or donate it, or just give it to someone you know who would use it. It's a perfectly good bottle, there is no point in having it go in the garbage so you can get a measly $9 back. 
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would not return it. Can you give it to a friend that uses bottles sans the used nipple?
  • imagerebus82:
    Save it or donate it, or just give it to someone you know who would use it. It's a perfectly good bottle, there is no point in having it go in the garbage so you can get a measly $9 back. 

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with this. Sorry. 

• Return it for $9?!  seems a little silly to me...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i would return it and tell them it's defective. like pp said they will just mark it out and trash it.
  • imagejillianfries:

This. I think it would be irresponsible to return something a baby has used. How much could the bottle be? Max 10 dollars? Just keep it.

• DID it leak?  No, it did not.  So you are planning to steal from a store because you don't want to be out $9?  Indifferent 

Those are some primo ethics you got there.

• I'd bring it back. It may only be $9 to some people, but to others that $9 could have been used for something else. It takes those companies all of about 10 cents to makes those types of things. I've seen people return way worse then a used bottle, trust me (like a used bar of soap).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedanlexi04:
    I'd bring it back. It may only be $9 to some people, but to others that $9 could have been used for something else. It takes those companies all of about 10 cents to makes those types of things. I've seen people return way worse then a used bottle, trust me (like a used bar of soap).

Right. If you only count materials costs and not overhead, labour, etc.

And even if it was accurate, does that make it right to steal? Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter what the money could be used for- straw man argument.

OP- do it if you want to. It's up to you where you stand morally and you're the only one who would know. But would you want your child doing that if he/she asked for advice?

• Nay, what a PITA to return something less then $5.  I never bother.
  • As someone who has a bag of about $100 worth of different bottles and nipples we tried for DS last month and he hated all of them, no, I would not return it.  Sorry.
  • No, I wouldn't. You bought it and used it in good faith. It is neither Target's nor the manufacturer's fault that your DD didn't take to it. Sorry! If Target had a policy, like Walmart, where you could bring it back for pretty much any reason, then I'd say sure--b/c it's w/in their business plan to get returns like that. But if you have to lie, it's not fair to other consumers--it contributes to shrinkage and raises prices for everyone.

• imagedanlexi04:
    I'd bring it back. It may only be $9 to some people, but to others that $9 could have been used for something else. It takes those companies all of about 10 cents to makes those types of things. I've seen people return way worse then a used bottle, trust me (like a used bar of soap).

Because someone returned a bar of used soap it makes it OK to return a used bottle? This is specious reasoning.

blondie- just eat the 9 dollars or give it to a friend who bottle feeds. Besides, what if something ELSE happens where you might have to stop BFing for awhile. At least you have a bottle lying around the house in case of emergency.

• Keep it. It's petty, immature, and dishonest to lie to return it. You bought it, you used it, it didn't work out because your kid didn't like it. Suck up the $9 and don't lie. Things like this are why Target keeps changing their return policy and making it more difficult on everyone.
  • Keep it! Put it on Freecycle. DD only takes BornFree and I bought/opened/tried a few other brands before we got to BornFree. They were all picked up within a day.
  • imageSusieQ1982:

imagedanlexi04:

Right. If you only count materials costs and not overhead, labour, etc.

And even if it was accurate, does that make it right to steal? Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter what the money could be used for- straw man argument.

OP- do it if you want to. It's up to you where you stand morally and you're the only one who would know. But would you want your child doing that if he/she asked for advice?

this

• Sure. If your integrity is only worth $9.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • imagerebus82:
    Save it or donate it, or just give it to someone you know who would use it. It's a perfectly good bottle, there is no point in having it go in the garbage so you can get a measly $9 back. 

This! I would never even think to return something like a used bottle. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"