D.C. Area Babies
Options

Dressing for daycare in summer

Is it too casual or un-dressed to send DD to daycare in just a onesie or romper thing without legs with it's hot out?  Is it wrong to send her barefoot once it's warm enough that she won't need socks even for the car ride over?  I don't want to be the mom sending her to daycare half nekkid with her diaper all hanging out, but getting shorts to cover up some cute little outfits seems silly.
imageimageimage

Re: Dressing for daycare in summer

• Options
    I would definitely put shorts or a skirt on her if she's going to wear a onesie.  If it was a romper - shirt with shorts in one piece, I think that's fine.  I would also put socks on, just my thing.  I feel like LO's feet should be cover/protected unless they're at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always put shorts on, but I did that even if DD was just hanging out at home.  She just seemed undressed to em sometimes. With re. to socks, how cold is the AC at your DCP?  Ours is quite chilly so I usually include them but we keep our home warm so we don't put them on there int he summer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was thinking about this myself in terms of what I'm going to put DD in this summer. I think I'll always put shorts or something over her onesie. Otherwise, it just feels like too much is exposed. Also, I plan to put socks on her. If the daycare is really hot, that gives them a choice to take them off. But, if the AC makes it a little cool, it's nice if she can wear socks so that her feet don't get too cold.

I'll probably also leave a pair of pants and a fleece in her basket just in case it ever gets really cool.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, shorts and socks (or those litlle leather shoes or something similar).
  • Options

she's not walking yet so she doesn't really need shoes. We didn't put Robeez on DD until she was really walking, she learned to walk barefoot or in socks.

I agree that it might be pretty cool w/ the A/C - I'd see what others are wearing and go from there. Onesie by itself might get you some "looks" from other parents but if you don't care - do what you feel like, your baby and the other kids won't care:)

• Options
    DS has definitely ended the day at daycare in a onesie. He normally goes through about three outfits a day because he's a spitter so I am always amused to see his end-of-the day outfit.  That said, I have been buying up a bunch of rompers.  They seem like a good solution, they look like an outfit but he shouldn't overheat in them.  I always put socks on, but more often than not he is no longer wearing them when I pick him up.  His feet repel socks.
  • Options

I would send her in whatever she seems most comfortable in. I sent DD last summer in a onesie, some sort of one piece outfit or short sleeved/legged romper and I never got the side eye from her DCP :-) I usually put socks on her because she liked to play with them.DD never liked the shorts and could wiggle herself out of them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemlvmd:
    His feet repel socks.

LOL! :)

I guess I need to get DH to report back how she's dressed when he picks her up.  Half the time her socks are off and I don't know if he found her that way and tossed the socks into her car seat or if they came off on the ride home.  DH tends to run warm, but I don't really know how warm the DCP's house is during the day since I only go there in the morning (and it's before 8 am, so not hot outisde yet).

Thanks for all the food for thought :)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    does your daycare crank up the AC?  Ours does.  DD could have never worn just a onesie to school in the summer, she would be a complete icicle by the end of the day.  I would do a onesie that had matching pants and send her to school in that and socks. Good luck, jenn
  • Options

Evidently, DH took C to MIL's in just a onesie and socks yesterday. I looked at him and was like "Where is that child's pants?". I guess I'm more hung up on looks than most ; )

Target has cheap knit shorts & skirts ($4?) in a rainbow of colors right now. And I love the one piece rompers - we already have a collection. I consider them the summer version of The World's Best Invention: footed sleep and plays.  

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"